Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Leased a VW_My life ****s
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Do you know if any company makes an installation bracket for the 8th gen that would fit just below the stereo but above the rubber lined storage compartment (i'm talking about the compartment which has the door).

Thanks in advance.

(P.S. I already created another thread like this in the Audio section, but i'm not getting any love there, so i figured i'd try the front page.)

·
Car Customizer/Consultant
780 Posts
I wish! The 7th gens have it so I suspect someone will get it soon.

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too!

I really want to install a Digital Media Receiver in that spot. That way I can have bluetooth, HD Radio, iPod and USB.

If only they made that bracket.

Also, can the stock wiring handle 45W RMS or will it melt?

·
1 UP
1,467 Posts

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great deal, thanks for the offer, but I don't want a double din. Just one DIN is fine for me.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I doubt if a kit will come out, you will probably just have to make your own.

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know the part number for the storage cubby? I tried looking everywhere and I can't seem to find it.

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The cubby part number is 77296-TA5-A11ZB. It costs $48 + Shipping. I could probably hack up the one i have and come up with something, but at the moment, i don't really want to dive into fabrication. I wish someone would come out with a solution. You'd figure there would be money in it.

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MY GOSH! Where do I find that bracket? Anyone know a japanese/ asian market oem parts site?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I actually asked the same question like 8months ago...I've been looking for something as well... But No luck... I did contact those companies that sell the aftermarket nav all in one units, cause they had the bracket as part of their whole kit... But they said they wouldn't sell it separate yet and to try back in Jan...

·
Bat-mobile
540 Posts
im working on making one but for a double din, i got the metra kit but dont really like the way it looks outta place, $45 down the drain. now im on a hunt to custom make one

1 - 14 of 14 Posts