2010 EX 4dr VTEC 2.4L
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your opinions?

·
2010 EX 4dr VTEC 2.4L
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do u mean by "don't worry about it"?
Do you mean don't bother putting one on or don't worry about ECU tuning and just put it on?
No, no turbo for me :(

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
the downpipe will free up alot of power without a tune since its opening up your airflow. a tune would def help though. im waiting for ktuner to release his tune for the i4 so i can get my car running even better/efficient. i may upgrade my injectors to rdx injectors as well before the tune. i reccomend to every1 doing the rv6 downpipe to change your stock piping to 2.5 inch piping. youll have a bottle neck with the downpipe and smaller piping. and wont sound as good unless u go with bigger piping.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
heres a vid i made for fun when my exhaust got disconnected (exhaust is in 3 peices held by snip clips) my low ass car scraped on ice and left the middle open so basically it was like a downpipe,high flow cat, resonator then open pipe. lol i scared alot of ppl with the loud backfire. video is crappy and my window was cracked since it was freezing here in NJ. my car has almost the same tone regularly, but much more quiet of course. its already fixed now.

http://youtu.be/r-PKYDxyz1g (rv6 downpipe/high flow cat, 2.5 inch piping)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is your car turbo? If not don't worry about it.
Why bother posting if you have nothing intelligent or useful to say. It's better to just keep your mouth shut.

As for the question, it will definitely open up your air flow but without a tune it won't be able to unleash it's full potential.

·
Registered
115 Posts
LOL I can't tell if you are trying to be an asshole or just foolish. Lets be real, you are driving an Accord. It is what it is, it is not a monster. Unless it adds a pleasant sound that you like it probably is not worth the cash. RDX injectors, unless you need more fuel for the air flow the ecu will automatically correct for it and bring it right back to stoich. Or you can unplug and reset your ecu every time you drive to get the extra little pep before it relearns itself. Same thing with the downpipe. But if you have a tune, it could be worth it, but the power would be mostly from the tune originally and not just because of the intake or downpipe. Better? Wiseass.

Also, I would not put performance parts on any car unless I had control of the ECU. I just gutted out the bottom of the intake on the daily driver K24 for sound and just threw plastidip and stickers on it.

·
2010 EX 4dr VTEC 2.4L
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the answers.
What would be the downside of installing the downpipe without an ECU tune?
Would it be just that it won't unleash it's full potential?
Would it shorten the engine life without the ECU tune?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks for all the answers.
Coming from a Turbo background. For My eclipse I'm running a Full turbo Back 3 inch piping.

Absolutely, nothing at all. The only downside is for N/A cars is back-pressure. Too big = no back-pressure meaning no power, too small too much back-pressure no power. So you have to find the right pipe size.

As for the ECU, no need

To a point since engineers put in little after thought in exhaust performance.

nope, absolutely nothing. On the other hand if you are running too lean or rich (air to fuel) yes, but freeing up the exhaust flow nope.

·
2010 EX 4dr VTEC 2.4L
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Coming from a Turbo background. For My eclipse I'm running a Full turbo Back 3 inch piping.

Absolutely, nothing at all. The only downside is for N/A cars is back-pressure. Too big = no back-pressure meaning no power, too small too much back-pressure no power. So you have to find the right pipe size.

As for the ECU, no need

To a point since engineers put in little after thought in exhaust performance.

nope, absolutely nothing. On the other hand if you are running too lean or rich (air to fuel) yes, but freeing up the exhaust flow nope.
You have my gratitude.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best thing to do for the 8 gen is a Frankenstein engine. K24z3 block with a k20a2 head. Just popping the head on with no mods and a tune is 30 hp according to modified magazine when they did it. All feed lines line up perfectly and you can use the same head gasket on the k24. Just imagine the hp and torque you can get with a built valve train and tune. That's my next step for the accord

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
Best thing to do for the 8 gen is a Frankenstein engine. K24z3 block with a k20a2 head. Just popping the head on with no mods and a tune is 30 hp according to modified magazine when they did it. All feed lines line up perfectly and you can use the same head gasket on the k24. Just imagine the hp and torque you can get with a built valve train and tune. That's my next step for the accord
I haven't seen anyone do a headswap with the K24Z shortblock. More likely K24A.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts