Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Accord LX sedan and was thinking about ordering some splash guards. I'm looking at the directions online and notice that for the installation on the back I need to cut a small piece the inner wheel well. Is it necessary to cut it or can I just ignore it and install without cutting it? I don't mind the look of the splash guard's color because I have the Modern Steel.

The roads in Maine are loaded with salt and sand so I don't want the sand kicking up and ruining the paint.

P.S. If you have some for the 2014 you're trying to get rid of let me know!

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
No clue, most of us made the cut. In fact, I don't recall anyone not making the cut. It is a notch to provide space at the attachment point. Without the notch, the inner felt piece will ride up on the area. Not a big deal to cut and you won't miss the cut piece but I felt the same way as you.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
The roads in Maine are loaded with salt and sand so I don't want the sand kicking up and ruining the paint.

If that is your goal you do not want the stock ones as they are glorified corner protectors. If you truely want to protect the rocker panels you should get the tried and true splash guards from your local parts store. They will actually protect your rockers.

Jay

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I have a 2014 Accord LX sedan and was thinking about ordering some splash guards. I'm looking at the directions online and notice that for the installation on the back I need to cut a small piece the inner wheel well. Is it necessary to cut it or can I just ignore it and install without cutting it? I don't mind the look of the splash guard's color because I have the Modern Steel.

Just don't order them from the dealer. You can find them cheaper online at places like College Hills Honda. Also, before this turns into a debate on the pros and cons of various splash guards just do a search and you'll find plenty of arguments both ways.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08P00-T2A-101.html

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=81054&highlight=Splash+guards

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=154730&highlight=Splash+guards

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
can I just ignore it and install without cutting it?
Yessir. No need to do any cutting. I've installed countless sets on 9G Accords.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yeah I didn't cut mine.... although, I didn't read the instructions either.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I started a thread on the same subject a few months ago when I ordered mine, LOL. Too lazy to find/link to it, but I DID NOT make the cut. The reason for it is you have to put a self tapping screw thru the guard into a inverse dimple on the plastic bottom of the wheel well. The screw WILL push the felt back (which I don't think matters anyway). I used 2 fingers to push the felt toward the wheel which put enough pressure for the self tapping screw to pierce the felt and come through instead of cutting the section out or letting the screw just push it back. Easy peezy and likely a better installation IMO.

·
Registered
901 Posts
If that is your goal you do not want the stock ones as they are glorified corner protectors. If you truely want to protect the rocker panels you should get the tried and true splash guards from your local parts store. They will actually protect your rockers.

Jay
Man, did those little parachutes behind your wheels reduce your mpg's? :lmao:

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts