Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off hi, this is my very first thread and this forum seems very high quality an filled with people willing to answer any newb accord owners questions.

I'm buying a 2000 Honda Accord LX Coupe next Friday. Runs fine, only 149k miles on it too. Basically a steal id say(if my insurance wasn't childish)

Anyway, I noticed only the EX models have the volume control button on the steering wheel (connected to the steering wheel bottom left hand side) where as the LX only has cruise control on the opposite.

My question is, is it possible for me to install some type of control unit (possibly off of a EX model) to my LX and have it functioning properly with an aftermarket radio?

So if yes, what is needed for this task and where would I go to find these items?

Thanks and any help is definitely appreciated.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
It is possible, but you'll need a few thing from a donor car. You'll need the new controls (or an entire new wheel like from an TL) along with the clock spring and the small four pin connector on the car side of the harness (the one in the column). At this point you will need to extend the wire from the OEM connector to the radio and wire up the appropriate steering wheel controller and compatible radio.

It's not too hard but it does take a few parts. Since your car is a dual stage air bag you'll need the clock spring out a 2000 and newer car. The other parts can come from other year cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts