Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this goes back to an older Thread about interior parts and always wanted these Controls:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/15-7th-generation/289178-searching-interior-shifter-trim.html

FINALLY got my hands a set w/out having to buy the Steering wheel but...right Side Cruise control is completely different and not usable....for now hopefully

pic of the Controls:

one of the main reasons i want them is mine are faded, i listen to music 24/7 and fairly loud. 1 thing i hate when at a stoplight is someone blaring their music so i almost always turn my music down when stopped and could have contributed to them being this faded

the Cruise Control side still looks new since i rarely use it. please excuse the mess, doing the OEM Navi Install and things down there are a bit hairy

problems: Cruise Control side, didn't try Radio control side yet

1. this may only apply to 2003, but the Cruise Control button for some reason is slanted at an angle on mine a perfectly straight on TSX. i'm thinking this may just be a 03 thing and they may have updated in 04+. TSX Controls were from a 04

2. this Tab that goes behind the Airbag Cover are different sizes and make it impossible to get it behind there w/out shaving it

3. circuit wiring is different, mine has 5 pin/wire blk connector coming from a perfectly shaped plug into the Steering Wheel and the TSX has 3 wire wht connector + a 4 wire white connector

easiest solution would be to swap the body off the OEM to the the new TSX cover but again, doesn't fit without lotta shaving

4. lastly buttons and covers are not interchangeable, best pic but main Cruise Button will not slip in and fit into the Acura one, side by side pic

5. even getting these two Philips screwdriver bolts is not easy

will report back on if the Radio controls is more a direct fit and if i can get in the Cruise Control buttons in. If i had to do it again, i would probably paint the OEM ones

main prob w/painting is masking off the buttons since it is a smaller piece to paint, probably best using a touch up paint of some sort (could possibly try this route)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update:

was able to get the VOL / CH / MODE drivers side controls in and almost everything was identical

they did not work w/new buttons and an old board and looks like gotta go the soldering route or...going to test my painting skills

Rubber behind buttons:

'
Backside of Boards:

inistalled please excuse the mess, going through Starting issues:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vol, Mode, CH buttons don't work without some soldering so for the time being, got a set of OEM controls and painted them

pinter's tape to mask buttons:

tried w/Gunmetal color but a bit too shiny, will post installed pics but i am not the best painter

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
final OEM Honda painted Steering Wheel controls. it brightens up the Interior a bit and will do until i get some time to solder the Acura ones correctly

had an extra set of A/C Vents and decided to paint them as well. didn't come out 100% but i like them so far, may paint different color

1 - 5 of 5 Posts