Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I currently have a 2013 lx-s and want to upgrade to a new throttle body and a new intake manifold.

I know there is almost nothing out there but OEM parts from the J35/37 for the TB, and there is nothing for the IM. Below is an article from some civic forum and the guy fitted the J35 TB on the CTR IM.

My question is, does the CTR IM fit the K24W? It looks very similar to the bolt pattern. The map sensor I am sure can be swapped out and the same with the vacuum lines. Anyways if the CTR IM fits the K24W then that would also mean that the Skunk2 IM fits too. Below are some links and images to what I am talking about.

CTR IM / J35 TB
Affordable Type r throttle body upgrade | 2016+ Honda Civic Forum (10th Gen) - Type R Forum, Si Forum - CivicX.com

K24W IM
Hood Gas Electric blue Automotive exterior Grille

CTR IM
Circuit component Electronic component Font Metal Rectangle

Thanks in advance!

· Turbo lag
3,038 Posts
Why would you want that? The turbo car manifolds aren't always prioritizing flow under vacuum. This is the same debate as the RBC manifold on the older K series, the intake runners are too short for the displacement and you'll loose tons of torque down low.

Take it with a grain of salt, but that's my understanding.

Reactions: Martin9thgen

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would you want that? The turbo car manifolds aren't always prioritizing flow under vacuum. This is the same debate as the RBC manifold on the older K series, the intake runners are too short for the displacement and you'll loose tons of torque down low.

Well, it's all for a test anyways. Cause if I can fit this stock intake on, then I can use an aftermarket one for the CTR or whatever the K20C heads are compatible with. For example, Skunk2 has one but it's almost 2 grand..... I really don't wanna spend 2k on a manifold so id probably go used or some other route for it. I'm just trying to see what all is out there that is compatible since there is nothing out there for the K24W ya know

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Wait so the larger displacement K motors benefit from longer runners? If that's the case then I could just see if my buddy could fab up one for me then...

· Turbo lag
3,038 Posts
Wait so the larger displacement K motors benefit from longer runners? If that's the case then I could just see if my buddy could fab up one for me then...
Not necessarily, they have to be the right length due to the amount of pressure waves generated by each cylinder.

I don't 100% understand everything myself, but it worth looking it up if you want to understand everything.

Well, it's all for a test anyways. Cause if I can fit this stock intake on, then I can use an aftermarket one for the CTR or whatever the K20C heads are compatible with. For example, Skunk2 has one but it's almost 2 grand..... I really don't wanna spend 2k on a manifold so id probably go used or some other route for it. I'm just trying to see what all is out there that is compatible since there is nothing out there for the K24W ya know
I hear ya, but the K20C head is not optimized for NA flow. They have fairly small ports since they can just shove more air in with more boost rather than bettering the flow under vacuum.

Reactions: Martin9thgen
1 - 5 of 5 Posts