Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 accord coupe v6

Originally I was going to go with the Injen CAI for my car but I now decided to go with a SRI. Any preferences on what SRI is the best out there for these cars? Im seeing alot about Takeda but not too familiar with the name.

·
v6 powah!
27 Posts
General preference is the SRI for the V6. I haven't read a whole lot about differences between brands except one of the cheaper ones had a very poor filter included.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I don't have a V6 but I'm running a K&N SRI. Before you talk about the filtering. I had bought a drop in air filter for my 1990 toyota Corolla back in early 2000. About 10 years later and more then 200,000 miles later.... the car still running.

·
Registered
49 Posts
there all bout the same there isn't one that has a huge technical advantage over another.. I have a takeba just cause it was the first used one I found..

·
Put that cookie down! NOW
592 Posts
Takeda is commonly used because it's cheap. However , it's quality built. I own one myself and I will never say it's cheaply built.

·
Registered
80 Posts
most intakes are just pipes. outside of that, you'd just want a finish that will hold up and a good filter element.

with that, i'm waiting for a takeda SRI to show up and i'm grabbing it.

·
Streets Nightmare
75 Posts
I just got a takeda sri on ebay for 170 shipped. it was only used for two days or so it says but the zoomed pictures are clean looking. I went with it because its a dry filter(no oil) and alot of members on this forum has it. The price isnt to far from k+n but it doesnt have the heat shield. I also read that the tankda become loose more offen then the k+n so you should keep checking the rubber sleeve the connects to the engine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
2008 accord coupe v6

Originally I was going to go with the Injen CAI for my car but I now decided to go with a SRI. Any preferences on what SRI is the best out there for these cars? Im seeing alot about Takeda but not too familiar with the name.
Takeda is the sport compact brand of AFE. You may be more familiar with that name. Everyone is right, it's a quality intake and uses a dry flow filter. We don't have anything against the oiled filters, but why risk your MAF sensor every time you clean the filter. We can get you a good deal on the intake. Just PM or e-mail us and we'll get you a coupon code setup.

proimporttuners.com/parts/2008-honda/accord-takeda-retain-short-ram-intake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts