1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
CVT
514 Posts
did an led bulb explode or something?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wonder if the short was caused by the installation of that front grill, like my salesman said "avoid any non OEM goodies" that might void your warranty. Just thinking aloud.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It caught on fire on the highway. They had it towed to dealership where this pic was taken. It was not man made. Im still waiting to find out more details.

·
Elvira
3,587 Posts
battery overcharged and 'sploded or missing protective positive pole cover allowed a short to the hood somehow. Extra taps to the battery shorted battery to ground and BOOM.

Miker

·
No PRND
583 Posts
I wish the coupe grill would bolt up to the sedan.

Aftermarket lights?

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
It was not man made.
Something like that doesn't just self-combust, it certainly is man-made, unless it was touched off by a super heated meteor. :D

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Or a bad battery. This be the sort of thing that could happen when touching off a hydrogen gas build-up.

·
46 Posts
Wow that is interesting...keep us posted. Maybe it is turning into a Decepticon! :lmao:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Please keep your thoughts to yourself.
Why can't he express his thoughts? We don't know the cause of this problem but installing non OEM parts are as good a guess as anything else.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When your driving at highway speed and theres a spark or any kind of heat building up air flow will fuel the spark/fire. One of the old employees at our shop changed a truck tire that was driven flat on the highway and put it in the back of the service truck. The tire was hot from being driven on flat... he put it in the back of the service truck and took off at highway speeds, the air flow ignited the tire and burnt our truck to the ground ...

Ill have all the facts tomorrow once my co worker starts or if he decides to text me back ill post it tonight. Either way dont rule out a mechanical failure.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts