Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all

so the lighting for my defrost and recirculate buttons are gone when i have my lights on at night... i have posted a pic to show the problem

car is I4 EXL 08 W 40k miles

the honda guy said it will cost $$$ to have it the bulb replaced ( he said part was cheap labor was long to get to the bulb)

any idea on if this can be done by yourself?

i am pretty sure that these two would light up and when they went out it caught my eye!

anyone else have similar issues w dome lighting?

thanks DA gods!

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they should be already on like the other buttons.....as in its the interior lighting when you turn on the headlights thats the problem

it will turn green or yellow if i hit recirculate or defrost that's not the problem
the problem is that they are not lighting up like the buttons next to them!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
hey all

so the lighting for my defrost and recirculate buttons are gone when i have my lights on at night... i have posted a pic to show the problem

car is I4 EXL 08 W 40k miles

the honda guy said it will cost $$$ to have it the bulb replaced ( he said part was cheap labor was long to get to the bulb)

any idea on if this can be done by yourself?

i am pretty sure that these two would light up and when they went out it caught my eye!

anyone else have similar issues w dome lighting?

thanks DA gods!
is your car in warranty? If so... even tho its not covered (light bulb replacement, brake pads, and other wear items) you can probably make a big stink about it and get it fixed under warranty... do it on the floor in front of customers and make sure the customers can hear you. i worked retail in an electronic store for 2 years... you will be taken care of usually so the customers dont think twice about buying from them... If this still doesnt work. Usually dealerships are not too far apart.... go to another dealer and tell them the same story... but dont say you went to another dealer... Some dealers are better then others and more willing to help. Seeing as its a new car that light SHOULD not have gone out so fast. See what you can get from there. IIIIFFFFF that still doesnt work I have seen a few people that have replaced the OEM radio so theres a good chance that they know how to get the radio out. Then its just a matter of looking to see what screws or clips are holding it together. Also who knows what kind of bulb it is. that will b an adventure. a light like that might be an L.E.D. tho and that would require soldering which would be even more of an inconvenience.... Sorry i couldnt be too exact on how to repair it, but this might help. Let us know.. good luck :thmsup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is your car in warranty? If so... even tho its not covered (light bulb replacement, brake pads, and other wear items) you can probably make a big stink about it and get it fixed under warranty... do it on the floor in front of customers and make sure the customers can hear you. i worked retail in an electronic store for 2 years... you will be taken care of usually so the customers dont think twice about buying from them... If this still doesnt work. Usually dealerships are not too far apart.... go to another dealer and tell them the same story... but dont say you went to another dealer... Some dealers are better then others and more willing to help. Seeing as its a new car that light SHOULD not have gone out so fast. See what you can get from there. IIIIFFFFF that still doesnt work I have seen a few people that have replaced the OEM radio so theres a good chance that they know how to get the radio out. Then its just a matter of looking to see what screws or clips are holding it together. Also who knows what kind of bulb it is. that will b an adventure. a light like that might be an L.E.D. tho and that would require soldering which would be even more of an inconvenience.... Sorry i couldnt be too exact on how to repair it, but this might help. Let us know.. good luck :thmsup:

your help and advice is much appreciated! i work retail electronics so i know first hand that if i can cause a huge scene that i can probably get it done for free....but i hate really having to do that

im just wondering why it went out so fast

i would think its a regular bulb....a LED seems a little too fancy for a accords interior lighting!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
leds are cheap (when bought in mass quantities) ... small and use very little electric... usually they dont burn out easily... but if it was manufactured wrong it could happen.. and i understand what you mean about not liking to cause problems... just go to another dealership see what they say...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts