Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had the interior door panel delaminate by where the switches are in the armrest? Both of my front door panels are starting to bubble up right around where the switches are and it looks really unsightly. I was thinking about taking a small syringe, poking a hole in where the bubblea are and injecting some kind of glue and pressing the vinly back down to where its a form fit. But, it takes a lot of pressure for me to push it back down with my finger so I'm afraid it will likely just bubble up again. If anyone has had any experinece in dealing with this, I'd love to know how they fixed it short of replacing the whole door panel.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Only had it happen in a very small area on my arm rests on my old accord. It was about the size of a quarter in the middle of the rest, so it wasn't much of an issue...that looks way worse. I'd think of maybe poking a small pin hole in the center of it and using krazy glue or superglue and putting some in the hole and pressing it tight again....thats my idea

·
Super Moderator
5,630 Posts
Honestly, with that much bubbling I'd go to a junk yard and pull a set of good panels from a junked accord. Our cars are a dime a dozen, so it shouldn't be an issue to find a set in good condition.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Our cars are a dime a dozen, so it shouldn't be an issue to find a set in good condition.
Correction, TAN interiors are a dine a dozen. Try to find a lapis blue interior at a salvage yard then get back to me :grin

·
Clermont, FL
206 Posts
Correction, TAN interiors are a dine a dozen. Try to find a lapis blue interior at a salvage yard then get back to me :grin
at my junkyard, we got 6 coupes in lapis blue, kinda sad tho....

·
Registered
87 Posts
at my junkyard, we got 6 coupes in lapis blue, kinda sad tho....
I'd be happy to find ONE (sedan) with that interior, I'd be happy if I could find one with a blue exterior...

Reactions: 230kACCORD
1 - 6 of 6 Posts