Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
RoopsPhoto.com
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My evaporator tube clogged and soaked the interior of my car. I did 2 7 hour trips before realizing. The passenger floorboard soaked all the way to the back in water.

I vacuumed up as much as I can, but now I am worried that I might be left with a smell in the car. It has been raining recently, so I am unable to take advantage of summer sunshine.

Whats the best way to keep it from smelling? I am thinking maybe as soon as it stops raining, I need to leave the car in the sun with the windows down? Can my windows stay up or is it better to be down?

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,848 Posts
Windows down, you want this to evaporate. Once dry, if the smell does happen, find a detailer or dealer with an ozone machine. You may need to rent a car for a day or two,

·
Cruising in Montana
3,674 Posts
Smell really is not your main concern. Mold and rust are. By drying it out you can hopefully stop them.

As for the smell, an ozone generator would work but the windows need to be closed. However the windows need to be opened to dry it out, so you want to do that first. Check with the local tool rental shops, they probably have one. Also ask if they rent tents big enough to park a car under.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I would take the seat out and extract, extract, extract. A little green machine type product would do the trick. Then let it run with the heat on and the windows down for maybe a half hour. There are several "spray and walk away" odor eliminators, but if you can properly get rid of the moisture, you might be okay. I use CG Odor Eliminator at 1:8.

If you could get it in the sun with the windows down, that would be ideal, after extracting, but I know mother nature isn't exactly cooperating right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts