Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Overdrive
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now here me out, I did search for this stuff and I did read about this stuff. The reason I'm creating a new post is because there were a handful of people who said they were going to install the kit and post up pictures, but then never did. So...who has installed this kit? I know it's not very bright, but that's what I want. Something ambient. I can buy this kit for $80, or pay another $100 to have it installed at the local dealer. On a scale of 1-10 I think I'm about a 3 as to doing stuff with cars. (I was freakin out when I was de-badging). I've seen the PDFs on how to install the kit. I dont have all the tools, either. Looks difficult. I haven't found any Step-By-Step guides, either. Would someone make one, or should I?

Comments, please. (AND PICS)

:lurk:

·
You can call me Jackal
650 Posts
OMG KILL HIM SEARCH DIE.

Just kidding. Thanks for searching before posting, we do appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I did not put in the ambient light kit. However, if you want a nice aesthetically pleasing mod that a person with zero automotive skill can do, I suggest doing an LED conversion for your interior lights. Makes a world of difference in terms of looks, especially at night. You can order bulbs from V-LED.com and there are dozens of threads on it here at DA.net. (You probably came across a few already in your searches).

Just a thought.

·
Doc Mojo
1,150 Posts
OMG KILL HIM SEARCH DIE.

However, if you want a nice aesthetically pleasing mod that a person with zero automotive skill can do, I suggest doing an LED conversion for your interior lights.
Just a thought.
(maybe he has done the interior lights already and want ambient lights, and that's why he started this thread) Just don't know how ambient lights that goes at the feet turned into interior/door lights.

I just ordered my ambient light kit and plan to do it myself. I'm not in any hurry to do this, but PM me so I know who you are. I can send you pics/walkthrough that's not written on the installation PDF once I have it installed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I installed mine but don't have any pics at night yet. I can take some later on tonight though, but yes, they are pretty dim which is exactly what I was looking for. I'd say that on a scale of 1-10 it was about a 3. Not too hard at all. And you have a V6 so you already have the panels needed to make drilling easy. If you have any questions, just let me know.

·
Registered
518 Posts
you dont even need a drill if your not comfortable with drilling one tiny tiny hole in the plastic on the passenger side.

You can just use VHB Tape. That stuff is strong and will hold the light under neath with no issues.

Also the install is pretty easy. if you can remove some screws and plug in cables you are set. The hardest part was probably removing the steering wheel plastic covering to access the connectors. but its really really easy IMO.

I think no one posted any pics because its really hard to take a pic of and accurately reflect how it looks like in person. The pics either come out too dark or blurry. Unless you are a photographer and set all the right settings which im too lazy to the pics usually turn out like crap.

I keep pointing people to the picture on the college hills website since that is the best picture. I can tell you the illumination looks exactly like this pic

·
I snapped my G string....
2,416 Posts
Installed mine about a month ago and it was so easy. It only took me 1 hour, well 2 hours if you include goofing off. I haven't taken any night shots either beacuse I suck at taking night shots. But they are dim, but I like it. Not to bright, which will distract me from drivng.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Installed mine about a month ago and it was so easy. It only took me 1 hour, well 2 hours if you include goofing off. I haven't taken any night shots either beacuse I suck at taking night shots. But they are dim, but I like it. Not to bright, which will distract me from drivng.
What kind of camera do you have? One thing you'll need for non-blurry night shots is a place, like a tripod, to set the camera on. The rest is done through settings. Usually you can increase shutter speed until you get a good picture.

Preferred method for taking night shots is to have camera on tripod, then use the timer function to take the shot so your finger pressing the shutter button doesn't shake the camera and blur the shots.

·
I snapped my G string....
2,416 Posts
What kind of camera do you have? One thing you'll need for non-blurry night shots is a place, like a tripod, to set the camera on. The rest is done through settings. Usually you can increase shutter speed until you get a good picture.

Preferred method for taking night shots is to have camera on tripod, then use the timer function to take the shot so your finger pressing the shutter button doesn't shake the camera and blur the shots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts