Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just started on my Sport this weekend. When I open the doors, the interior lights do not go one any more. The map lights work when I use their button, but I didn't change anything & don't see any other controls to enable them again.
Any help? gosh I feel dumb...

·
Banned
356 Posts
The dome light has 3 settings that is control by the sliding lever on the dome light assembly. Maybe someone adjusted the slider. The settings are:

1. On, regardless if the door is open or not.
2. On, when the doors are open
3. Off completely

It won't be your fuse since your map light works. My guess would be the position of the switch or the bulb burned out ( very unlikely ).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. But there isn't any switch like that on my map lights. You push them in once to turn them on, again to turn off. That's it...no sliding switch. That's what's so strange...:dunno:

Page 156 of the Accord manual shows the dome/map light assy having a slider switch to turn the Door activation on or off. And I swear , my Sport has no such switch.

·
Banned
356 Posts
Oh in that case, the lx and sport trim doesn't come with that feature for the map lights. The map lights on those trim only turn on when you press them. If you want them to come on with the "dome" light then you can follow the mod here:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78757&highlight=map+dome+sport

When you said your interior lights stopped working.. I assumed you were talking about your dome lights since you have the sport model.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OMG...LOLOL...well, I DID say that I felt so dumb.:banana:
I just went out to the car for the third time & realized that the dome light is actually separate from the map lights & is in a different location! Duh. Seems that one HAS a switch & it had gotten moved to off position somehow.

Thansk for putting up with me.

sheeeeesh.:headbash:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts