Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Jsmo79
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but I have been browsing here for a few weeks. I am aware that doing prior research on topics and/ or searching here are highly recommended before opening a new thread. So please bear with me as I get more fluent with this community. A little background- I bought a 2007 EX-L coupe (no nav) with 74,000k miles about a month ago and have since done some basic things like SRI, synthetic oil conversion, new plugs (just in case), kenwood single din stereo w/ usb, 1/4" aux and bluetooth (cubby installation below factory head unit), and I'm in the process of modding the lower resonator air box with a bilge blower fan to combat heat soak. I've done some looking around on the 'net about interior mods and I plan on losing the factory head unit soon and replacing it with the double din climate control panel and maybe figuring out a way to incorporate an iPhone 4 (no longer a phone) into the dash. But really what my question is, does anyone here have some interesting, functional, aesthetic ideas for taking out the cup holders and doing something cool in its place? Money is not exactly free flowing for me so please keep that in mind. However, I bought this car as a modding platform and plan on doing all kinds of crazy stuff to it over time so please understand that I got the best thing I could find at a price I could afford. And just to put it out there, I know I could have bought a better car with a better engine/ trans but I really like this one and the trim package is what got me tbh. So, (takes breath), sorry for the long winded question/ introduction but this is my first post and I will learn as I go lol. Thanks in advance.

·
Don't drink and drive
5,162 Posts
Welcome and have fun playing with your car. I haven't seen anything else done to cup holders except spill coffee in them. Let us know what you come up with.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I wouldn't remove the cup holders. Where you gonna put your beer?

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
"Sneaky Pete" NOS system yo' ...

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I wouldn't remove the cup holders. Where you gonna put your beer?
Better edit that comment. You'll get a "talking" to by rick....

LOL

·
Texas Ground Pounder
1,352 Posts
The only thing I've seem someone do to cupholders that is remotely interesting is to add a small LED light in the bottom of them to help you see them better at night. Since we have the ambient light overhead shining down, I personally don't see this as a necessity. Other than that though, I haven't seen anything special done.

Reactions: jimijam

·
Jsmo79
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the replies everyone, guess it can just be a cup holder till I get a crazy idea. There are other things I have planned that'll keep me busy on my days off. Hey jimijam, as far as ALL the preventative maintenance I'm chipping away at it, gonna have to make myself a list and do a couple things a week. This week's project is the blower fan I have all the parts in just waiting for the wire.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
In my wife's car the tarnished pennies are glued down by some type of food substance.

Who's Rick?
Yeah, who's rick? :nerd
Rick "never seen a set of tail-lights" Blaine ... Super mod to the forum mods ... and the best maintenance profiler this side of the Rockies ?

@RickBlaine is my hero ...

*BFM, and Bobbo's pit crew, approve this message ...

·
03-SSM-AV6-6MT
1,018 Posts
I want pictures

·
Reflections Auto Detail
1,247 Posts
Mine are full of tarnished pennies.
In my wife's car the tarnished pennies are glued down by some type of food substance.
LMFAO! :laugh:laugh:laugh

You have no idea how common that is! Unless they use a designated reciprocal for their change, every car I do has that same situation going on. And yes, I'm generalizing but if I were being literal, I'd say maybe 1 out of 25 cars doesn't have glued-down pennies in the cup holders - and they're a bitch to get out in some vehicles!

The first thing I do when I start on the interior of a vehicle is gather everything that's not obviously garbage and put it in an appropriately sized box, and the change always goes in a snack-sized baggie (unless they have the designated place like I noted above).
And it's not the "glued-down" part that's a P.I.T.A. - that's easy. Hot water in the cup holders for a few minutes and everything's un-stuck. It's getting them out sometimes that makes me just want to vacuum them out and say screw it!

As for the cup holder ideas.... here's a few off the top of my head:

Welcome to the forums!

·
2005 Accord EX-L *SSM*
590 Posts
Rick "never seen a set of tail-lights" Blaine ... Super mod to the forum mods ... and the best maintenance profiler this side of the Rockies ?

@RickBlaine is my hero ...

*BFM, and Bobbo's pit crew, approve this message ...
And illusive. I've yet to see him, and I'm always in the Skokie area, and Chicago. :crying

1 - 17 of 17 Posts