Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Touring in October and love it. However I'm having some intermittent computer problems that don't affect the driving, safety or performance. I tried upgrading the system and the message is that my system is up to date. I haven't been back to the dealer because I'm on vacation 'til April and these problems aren't urgent. Is anyone else who owns a 2018 Accord experiencing this:

• Intermittently the system warns that the collision avoidance system is not working, see the dealer. Cruise Control stops working. After shutting the ignition and restart, the warning goes away. Happens a couple of times a month.
• Intermittently the system freezes while driving. The radio cannot be turned off; the volume cannot be adjusted; none of the buttons on the system work. After about two minutes, the screen goes blank and the system reboots and everything is back to normal.
• Intermittently when starting up the car the system takes three to five minutes to come up. Backup camera works without the camera options or the guidance lines.

·
Registered
133 Posts
When I start my car some mornings, it takes at least three minutes before I have access to my infotainment system. Yes I agree the backup camera works, but that’s the only thing. :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
When I start my car some mornings, it takes at least three minutes before I have access to my infotainment system. Yes I agree the backup camera works, but that’s the only thing. :(

Coincidentally, this just happened to me for the first time this morning (I’ve owned my car for a month). Because I was in my neighborhood I just pulled over and shut the car off. When I restarted the car the Infotainment system came right up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I purchased a 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Touring in October and love it. However I'm having some intermittent computer problems that don't affect the driving, safety or performance. I tried upgrading the system and the message is that my system is up to date. I haven't been back to the dealer because I'm on vacation 'til April and these problems aren't urgent. Is anyone else who owns a 2018 Accord experiencing this:

• Intermittently the system warns that the collision avoidance system is not working, see the dealer. Cruise Control stops working. After shutting the ignition and restart, the warning goes away. Happens a couple of times a month.
• Intermittently the system freezes while driving. The radio cannot be turned off; the volume cannot be adjusted; none of the buttons on the system work. After about two minutes, the screen goes blank and the system reboots and everything is back to normal.
• Intermittently when starting up the car the system takes three to five minutes to come up. Backup camera works without the camera options or the guidance lines.
I've experienced all 3 listed here. I called my Honda service department. They say nothing is wrong although I have documented evidence of the errors happening. I am hearing about a software update via email response from Honda corporate that will fix some bugs but no details or timing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I called Honda the other day and created a ticket for issues with the infotainment. My issue is the freezing of CarPlay, and I use it for Maps. I have reset the system for factory settings twice and it works well, but it still has a couple of glitches.

The Honda guys called and mentioned that they had 5 more other cases of people calling them about their infotainment. Apparently, the issue of mine is the software running on my phone. The iOs 11+, they said they were gonna work with Apple engineers to resolve that issue.

This new infotainment has a lot of issues. I hope they resolve them since most of us rely on them. If more owners let them know they're affected, the quicker solution and attention will be brought.

Hope that helps your question.

·
Registered
69 Posts

•Intermittently the system warns that the collision avoidance system is not working, see the dealer. Cruise Control stops working. After shutting the ignition and restart, the warning goes away. Happens a couple of times a month.
•Intermittently the system freezes while driving. The radio cannot be turned off; the volume cannot be adjusted; none of the buttons on the system work. After about two minutes, the screen goes blank and the system reboots and everything is back to normal.
•Intermittently when starting up the car the system takes three to five minutes to come up. Backup camera works without the camera options or the guidance lines.

I'm also having a similar issue. I have the 2.0 touring. Yesterday while driving on the highway I decided to do a quick pull and was greeted with a variety of system failures. Power cut back see dealer, avoid heavy acceleration and high speeds, brake system failure, collision mitigation failure, etc. Car was still drivable but many features not available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had similar issues with my 2016 Civic Touring. I had the info screen replaced. I now have the 2018 Accord Touring Sedan and had an issue last week. I couldn't get the navigation or audio screen to show up on the dashboard when I would use the steering wheel controls. When I shut off the car and restarted it, it was fine. Haven't had an issue since.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How long have you owned the 2018 Accord and have you seen any of the other symptoms that I mention? Thank's for the response...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reported problems

I've experienced all 3 listed here. I called my Honda service department. They say nothing is wrong although I have documented evidence of the errors happening. I am hearing about a software update via email response from Honda corporate that will fix some bugs but no details or timing.
I too reported it via email to the dealer but haven't heard back from the dealer. I also tried updating software and the system states that my software is already up to date. I'm awaiting a reply from the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
BOUGHT A BRAND NEW Honda, and from day one, computer problems almost daily. Random flaws. New stuff all the time. Called Honda Corporation a few times and have a case number -- they were NASTY and RUDE every time. Dealership is not helping me, either.

I'M FILING A LEMON LAW LAWSUIT.

I have bought Hondas my whole life (I'm 45 years old now), and have always been happy. BUT NOW I'M DISGUSTED WITH HONDA.

I am NEVER AGAIN buying another Honda. They are horrible now, and what really convinces me is how nasty the people are at Corporate. Also, here in California Honda is the ONLY car company NOT to voluntarily participate in the mediation group. That speaks volumes about their new lack of integrity.

I'm really looking forward to a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against Honda corporation for all those cars that have bad/faulty computers, and HONDA IS NOT FIXING THEM.

Disgusting!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Seems like this is a serious issue with the touring models for some reason. Honda should look into this with all the reports of the infotainment system and warnings that keep tripping up. Never had an issue with my 2.0 Sport (cross my fingers)

·
REV29K
556 Posts
I've owned our CR-V Touring for almost a year now, 10,000 miles later, very few issues with the Infotainment system. I've reset it once or twice but overall it's been fine, we use it every time we get in the car. My only complaint with it is it's a bit slow to respond.

I've only owned the new Accord Sport for a few weeks, so far no issues. The Accord is basically the same software with a nicer, faster, UI. Amazing how some people have so many problems while others have few to none. Also amazing is how the Infotainment System is usually at the heart of everyone's complaints.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I too have no problem with my 2.0T 6 speed. The only issue I have is that I have to re insert the thumb drive with music every time I want to listen to my mp3 I have saved there. Maybe that’s a thumb drive issue but I didn’t have that problem on my 2017 CVR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
Our '18 Touring 2.0 has had no infotainment or other computer issues to speak of since we picked up the car Dec 26. Until last night, when CarPlay refused to recognize either my phone or my wife's (both iPhone X with latest OS version). We both got USB error messages. Tried restarting the car and the phones, deleting profiles, etc. Didn't help.

I went out to the car this morning to start working on fixes including, if necessary, a factory reset of the head unit (which would require making the settings all over again). But today CarPlay is suddenly working. I'm not sure what changed.

I'm not sure what is leading to these inconsistencies. Thankfully our car is mostly in the "working great" camp. Those of you with serious issues should probably press your local dealer to put some serious effort into fixing the system. Something hard-ware wise is definitely not right.

I'm going to start a new thread where we can compare notes on software version and problems experienced, so we can see if there's a pattern or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is trying to kill us

Picked up new 2018 accord touring 1.5, About 10 days ago

3 times while driving:
- Brake system error
- transmission error
- hill assist error
- parking break error

And then it starts acting really weird. Attempts to stop the car on its own regardless of what we want it to do

Took to dealer. They looked at it, reset some stuff and pronounced it fine and dandy

2 days later, same thing happens in active traffic. Taking it back tomorrow morning first thing

We also have the off thing with the main screen not booting up when the car is started. And sometimes it’ll just disappear and set itself while in motion. And sometimes it’s missing menu options. And to top it off there’s a rattle in the dash near the steering column

The state lemon law gives them three attempts to fix it. Then have to notify manufacturer and they get 10 days to make it right.

-sigh- This was our 6th Honda. We’re loyalists. But my general benevolence towards them is feeling a bit thin at the moment

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

Software updates performed via Wi-Fi or USB are for the Display Audio ("infotainment") system ONLY - not for any other system in the vehicle such as the engine, transmission, or Honda Sensing.

Other owners (including myself) have reported the "Collision Mitigation Braking System Problem. See Your Dealer" error message. See the thread below:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/241-10th-generation/502402-collision-mitigation-braking-system-problem-warning-light-see-your-dealer.html

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have been lucky and have had zero problems with my infotainment system (2.0 touring bought in march)... other than the generally poor audio quality.

But if it makes you feel better, I had a bunch of issues with the infotainment in my wife's '18 odyssey (freezing, crashing, Bluetooth cutting out, error messages and crashing on car play and Android auto etc...). It took about 6 months for them to push an update but now it works perfectly.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts