Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Sometimes when I try to start the car I get this noise instead. It's best if you look at the video. Otherwise, I'll be acting like that car commercial where everyone is trying to imitate the car noise. Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sbmxc1G_s1E

Ignore the beginning noise. I think that was a car passing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The noise is the Starter relay but what you need to replace is a bad starter switch also know as ignition switch. Visit Rockauto low prices...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I appreciate the help. I know about RockAuto. They do have good prices. I'll check out the prices and see if I can do the work myself.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which starter switch would you guys recommend?
BECK/ARNLEY Part # 2011810
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # US489
AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 1S6043

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. My sister has been having this problem. The battery load tests fine, the starter passed inspection, and we just replaced the ignition switch and relay. It's still buzzing. Any feedback? Maybe the harness?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I my opinion Standard Motor is excellent. There parts are like OEM or better. Good luck is simple to install and it took care of my buzzing. But I also replaced starter relay and fuel injection relay and air fuel sensor relay and never again no more buzzing is been more than a year and still no more annoying relays going crazy when starting the car.

·
Reflections Auto Detail
1,247 Posts
Which starter switch would you guys recommend?
BECK/ARNLEY Part # 2011810
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # US489
AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 1S6043
Check your PM's.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
If you have a V6, starter replacement is relatively easy and you may have your pick. I'd go with a lifetime warranty unit from an auto parts store. You don't want to be getting a replacement by mail (with you paying shipping to boot), unless you have another car.

If you have an i4, I suggest OEM. I know it's expensive, so search ebay or craigslist if you have to. I say this because of the effort involved in replacing. Much harder on the i4.

...Drew...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just now I came back from replacing the starter switch. It didn't take long (20-25 minutes). Yes, that was the problem. Starts nice now.

I watched this video and it helped me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iCDHvwbM7g

Thanks guys.
Special thank you to Coach Steve. God bless you!

·
Reflections Auto Detail
1,247 Posts
Just now I came back from replacing the starter switch. It didn't take long (20-25 minutes). Yes, that was the problem. Starts nice now.

I watched this video and it helped me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iCDHvwbM7g

Thanks guys.
Special thank you to Coach Steve. God bless you!
Happy to hear that was the problem and glad to have been able to help.
Cheers!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys,
You know, I still get that noise when starting. It doesn't prevent me from starting the car as before but I'm wondering if that's normal.

·
Reflections Auto Detail
1,247 Posts
Hey guys,
You know, I still get that noise when starting. It doesn't prevent me from starting the car as before but I'm wondering if that's normal.
Hey Logan,
best thing to do is to take a quick video/audio of the sound and get as close as possible to the source and, if possible, put your hand on the component emitting the sound so we can I.D. it for you - assuming the buzzing is coming from the under-dash fuse block.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Logan,
best thing to do is to take a quick video/audio of the sound and get as close as possible to the source and, if possible, put your hand on the component emitting the sound so we can I.D. it for you - assuming the buzzing is coming from the under-dash fuse block.
The buzzing is coming from the starter relay. See video for sound. https://youtu.be/RharFuZQ_mg
I swapped the relays to see if it was a bad relay but the buzzing remained. Again, it's better than before. I can at least start it going from II to III. It used to be that it wouldn't start like that.
So, is that normal to buzz when starting the car? It's a little annoying.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts