Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I received a letter from Honda US inviting me to include my car in a emissions system performance evaluation done by a company called Boshart Engineering; out of Torrance California.

They will pay me $100.00 and give me a free rental car for the duration of the test....which Boshart says will take from 1-2 weeks!

Torrance is 100 miles from me....so my car would have 200+ miles put on it by unknown drivers....plus whatever wear and tear the testing itself would involve.

So; I doubt I will be participating.

Anyone else get this letter or care to comment on what is actually going on?

Chuck

Attachments

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
$100 isn't worth someone messing with my car. Google seems to indicate that this sort of thing is legit though.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Depends on what you get for a loaner. Civic, NO. Corvette, hell yes.

·
Stock Pssh...Yeah right!
301 Posts
Don't do it...thats just dumb. Like they dont have Accords in the city of Torrance.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got the same letter. I live in Thousand Oaks so I am about 100 miles away also. I did not do it because I don't want someone else putting those miles on my car. Then they are going to have it for 2 weeks. How many miles would they put on it in that time? Alos they talk about repairs to the car. All of 100 bucks. Nope, not for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If I had some sort of long road trip planned I would definitely do something like that. Wouldn't mind putting the miles on a "free" rental car instead of my own.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I had some sort of long road trip planned I would definitely do something like that. Wouldn't mind putting the miles on a "free" rental car instead of my own.
Yikes Bullets! That's a great idea!! I hadn't thought of that....

I'm retired so I could take off and go see friends across country.....

Only thing is.....there would be no way of knowing when they would drop the Honda back off to me....there's no guarantee it would be 2 weeks.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts