Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1371 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Honda customer service to see where they stood with regards to the press release that came out in January saying that Siri would be available on the 2013 accord.
They told me that they expect to release it Nov 26th

Not sure if anyone had already posted this, as I couldn't find it anywhere.

They weren't able to give me any more details about what specifically will be available or if it will be a paid upgrade

·
Registered
684 Posts
That's awesome. This summer Apple announced iOS for the car but haven't heard anything since then. Not sure if it's just Siri or if it includes iOS in as well, or really what it means. :D

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Cool! Let's just HOPE it's free... Along with bugs fixes. The voice command is useless right now IMO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am really keeping my fingers crossed that the long delay from January to now is because they are making it iOS in the Car instead of just Siri Eyes Free

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
So we have to take our cars in to the dealer and they'll update the software, or just an app on the iphone?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
So we have to take our cars in to the dealer and they'll update the software, or just an app on the iphone?
They'll update the radio software

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I wonder if it will work on all radios - there are three different ones as far as I know:

LX / Sport / EX
EX-L
Nav
I think they'll have two, if not, three different software update for the MIRRORING. One for non-touch screen, one for touch-screen, and maybe separate one for Navi-built in accords.

·
Registered
133 Posts
2014 Canadian exl here. Don't see any mirroring option on the touch screen. Am I missing something?

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
If the update can mirror GPS maps, I would gladly pay $$$. If not, forget it.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
If the update can mirror GPS maps, I would gladly pay $$$. If not, forget it.

I hope Mirroring is with the update. Maybe it will? The people who were selected for the Siri Eyes Free program haven't updated since back in March/April. Could it be a privacy contract with Honda that the reason why the selected DA members haven't post anything new?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Mirroring sounds awesome, if it is what I'm thinking. Are you all saying you'd be able to display your iPhone's Maps app on the 8" display on the Accord?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Mirroring sounds awesome, if it is what I'm thinking. Are you all saying you'd be able to display your iPhone's Maps app on the 8" display on the Accord?
We know iphone map will be mirrored, why not?. Not sure about other apps or mirroring the iphone screen. Probably not other apps due to laws? I highly doubt Honda will let mirroring game apps or videos.

This just a prediction (mirroring). Based off of info I found and Apple iOS in car, Honda is one of the 12 companies will work Apple.

·
Wanda Honda
458 Posts
IMO I highly doubt mirroring will the available through the update.

1. Honda would be cannibalizing their own EX-L with Nav. Why pay the premium for the EX-L with Nav when u can just get the regular EX-L and bring along ur iPhone?

2. User experience. There's no stereo unit consistency with all the honda accord models. Honda or Apple would have to design multiple UIs for units with touchscreens and units without touchscreens. We all know Apple, they are pushing for touch which is why I believe they only demoed the Chevy Spark bc the Spark will come with that touchscreen standard.

Although I will be glad for Honda to prove me wrong! :D

1 - 20 of 1371 Posts