Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iPhone 5S with ios 7.0.2 states text feature is not compatible with vehicle. Resolution to this issue? If not, will an update be released so it will be compatible. Bluetooth call receiving and making not an issue so far.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Same setup works fine for me. Make sure you go into the bluetooth settings on your iphone for hondalink and enable notifications. This has be done while the phone is paired to the vehicle.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am now able to get text messages, but it does not give me the information of the person texting me on either the pop up notification or when I go to the text messages screen shown above. Any resolution to this?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Any other suggestions on getting this feature to work? I have notifications turned on under bluetooth and info screen shows the word "text". However, when I select the text/email option the system responds with this phone unsupported with this feature?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep. It doesn't work with the 5s with the new iOS. I've had issues since I upgraded my phone. Hopefully an update comes out soon. What is the point of having the features if you can't use them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I made a thread about this already. I went to the dealership and spoke with Honda Care. There is an update coming it just hasn't been released yet. iphone 5s is compatiable on the '14 but they have not released an update for the '13. But again it's in the works. I have had the same problem, and both Honda Care and the TECH line for the dealership are aware of the issue. I am supposed to be called once the release is done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I made a thread about this already. I went to the dealership and spoke with Honda Care. There is an update coming it just hasn't been released yet. iphone 5s is compatiable on the '14 but they have not released an update for the '13. But again it's in the works. I have had the same problem, and both Honda Care and the TECH line for the dealership are aware of the issue. I am supposed to be called once the release is done.
Thanks for the information :) I was having the same problem and flipping out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts