Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Has anyone here purchased the iPhone or iPod adapter kit for their accords? I am considering it, and my local parts manager has one kicking around but it costs around $300-$400!!!! Pretty expensive but he says that it charges your unit, but allows you to control it via your radio and navi controls.

Any thoughts? Reviews?

·
Registered
311 Posts
If you mean purchasing the parts used in the 2010 Crosstour/2011 Accords, it will not work with your 2008 audio unit. Therefore, I suspect your local parts manager is trying to sell you a simple third-party ipod audio interface kit at about 300-400% mark-up (there is not an official iPod interface from Honda for the 2008-2010 Accord assuming you are in the U.S.).

I suggest you do some Googling and find a kit on your own. There are many out there for around $100. All offer charging and most offer limited control from the head-unit, but it isn't as fully integrated as the system now offered on the Crosstour and 2011 Accords.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I see you're in Canada, never mind! I still don't understand why they never offered the iPod kit to the U.S.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts