Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup guys. I am finally purchasing 20x8 ET +48mm (I'm assuming that mean 48 mm offset) rims :banana:. The rims weigh about 32lbs each. With tires, the combo will weigh abt 60lbs. I calculated that to be abt 7-8lbs extra at each wheel over the stock 18s. Do you guys thing this is too much additional weight? I know my acceleration will be a little slower and I may loose some efficiency, but other than that should I be too concerned abt anything else? BTW i am lowered abt 1.5" front and back.

Also at what offset will the rims be flush? For some reason it is really difficult for me to get a grasp of the whole offset concept even though I've searched the forum and web. Based on my interpertation, this high of an offset would cause the wheel to be inside the fender alot. However, I know the stock 18's have an offset of 55mm, so I am thinking it should stick out a little more than the stock rims did. I also have spacers (20mm fr and 25mm back) which would in effect push the rims back out (making a net offset of 28mm fr and 23mm back). Thanks for the help/advice in advance.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
In terms of weight, you will lose a bit of performance. In the winter I use 17" CR-V steel wheels (not steelies) that weigh over 60 lbs per corner. No negative impact on the car's usability but it sure doesn't drive as nice.

·
Mechanical engineer
84 Posts
the lighter the tire the less rotating mass you have but at 7-8 lbs addation you probly wont see much of an change. The weight difference is only about gallon of fresh water per wheel not a whole lot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts