Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO ALL :)

I am a chick happy with my new coupe :)

I just got the Honda accord coupe Ex-L 2010 a month ago...........its BEAUITFUL and have been reading up on the threads for weeks now and finally decided to join to put in my two cents and give feedback to you all too....

Here is my issue....i hope someone can answer my question...
Does the Accord coupe 08-10 models come with factory alarm. If not, does the Ex-L? Most importantly DID I GET RIPPED OFF??!

After settling on the price of the car, I said I wanted alarm. He said 799, then 699. So I paid 600 for the alarm to be activated. I know its quite a bit high.... I know I could have prob gotten it for cheap if I negotiated or stayed longer. The point is...I don't think it has shock sensors because I kicked my tires real hard and nothing happened, moved my car..nothing. So I emailed the guy who sold me the car and asked ( i knew it would prob be no) if i could get it refunded because at the time I felt pressured to just go with it. He said he cant refund it because its been activated then he said quote "The alarm has already been activated...no refunds. Factory alarm? I don't think so. All the Honda product comes with Alarms from the factory. The shock sensor upgrade you purchased also reimburses you up to $500 deductible if the car is broken into or stolen"

SO WHAT THE HELL DID I BUY? as far as I knew it, I said i wanted an alarm and he said 699. Is he saying that all honda's come with factory alarms and that I purchased the shock sensor upgrade??! (He never said that at the time of purchase at all!)

Someone please explain this to me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am confused and feeling tricked.....

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
4,097 Posts
First of all where the hell dd you get your car? second every car has standard alarm, there is NO WAY he could have hoocked up a shock sensor to the stock system. If you dont have another keyfob that means you dont have jack other than stock alarm. If you got it at a dealer then go and get your money back because the guy just ripped you off

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seriously??!

I bought in Honda of El Cajon, California. I got a good deal online, and he prob thought he could get his commisions worth by sellling me the 'alarm'.

he told me that there was no alarm, and it just locks and unlocks. I said i wanted alarm. Thats when he said 799, then 699.

SO YOU ARE SAYING IT COMES STANDARD with alarm??!!!!!!!!! omg i am now very upset. He EVEN said no refunds.

Is there even such thing as adding a shock sensor to your purchase??!

He said that the alarm comes with a "electronic coded key" to stop the ignition if someone tries to start the car with another key other than that one. Does this 'electronic coded key' also come standard??!

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
4,097 Posts
No there is no such thing as a shock sensor (only on actual real alarms which take time to install, aka aftermarket), the guy just straight up lied to you. The stock alarm is open and close, and say you leave your windows open and lock the car. If someone tried to open the car by turning the button inside an alarm will go off.

The only alarms are made by other companies which i cant remember now, they will actually give you a keyfob. If you dont have any keyfobs or any paperwork on an alarm being installed then there is your problem.

That is some some shady shit the guy did to you. Go to the dealer and ask to speak with the main manager in charge because that ass should be fired and probably will.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Unfortunately, once you sign the papers then the deal is done. The guy should be fired for being so shady. He basically straight up lied to you and I think those people should be burned. Anyway, like Gosha said, go talk to the manager in charge and complain. Also write a complaint letter to Honda headquarters concerning this unprofessional conduct by this salesperson. I can't believe people like that exist and just reading your story wants me to kick his ass.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh hell no

I am going there tomorrow first thing when I wake up and going to get this settled.

I feel like I was tricked into this 'shock sensor upgrade" thing. thing is he never said 'oh the car comes with factory alarm, do you want to upgrade your security" no he just said its 699. On top of that when I was in the finance room, i asked the finance guy is my alarm activated yet? and instead of him going "its already on there" he goes "i will check, most come activated and if you choose not to buy it we take it out"

It dosnt matter where your from or what state you bought it right, a honda is a honda and it comes with the factory alarm.?

no, there was no other key fob or paper work. On my finance papers, i paid 699 for what is said to be "Theft Deterrent" I wonder if that is the 'shock sensor upgrade " they were talking about.

is the 1900 dollars I paid for extended warranty (6 years instead of 3 ) worth it? should i refund that???

First car buying experience=not so good now

·
Registered
97 Posts
I usually say no to everything because Honda are very reliable. You are not going to have problems like other American cars, chevy and such. I don't know if you can ask a refund because you did sign the papers concerning that warranty, but you can requiest a refund for the alarm because it is something that was not installed. Basically, you have a valid argument to request your money back for the alarm because the service, being the "shock activated" alarm, was not installed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sent email to guy saying i wanted ext. warranty refunded.... he replied with nasty email saying my friends are OBVIOUSLY not looking out for me because the warranty is worth it.

Thankfully i read in my service contract I have 60 days to return. I am going to do that tomorrow as well.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Sent email to guy saying i wanted ext. warranty refunded.... he replied with nasty email saying my friends are OBVIOUSLY not looking out for me because the warranty is worth it.

Thankfully i read in my service contract I have 60 days to return. I am going to do that tomorrow as well.
Dont mention friends or the forum telling you what to do. Just say you felt uncomfortable and pressured into purchasing these things you did not want and that if he would refund it that you would appreciate it. If he still acts like a d-bag speak to his manager and once again explain what happend... and like the other guy said... send a letter to Honda. I am sure they will compensate you in some way. If not, try a new dealership.

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
4,097 Posts
Finance room is where they get you, its the final step to getting the car, so even the main manger probably didnt know about it. Dont back down and tell them you want both things refunded, that seems to be the only way of getting through dealerships these days. Explain to them that factory alarm is, factory, there cannot be any shock sensor activations added to it. Tell them that there is no such thing as activating an alarm. Just put it this way, from what youre telling us EVERYTHING they told you about activations, alarms, sensors is BS and lie just so its clear and what you need to say. Good luck and let us know

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
why get extended warranty if your covered under bumper to bumper still?? that have double coverage for first 3 years.maybe if it started after the bumper to bumper was over that would be ok but you can always buy a warranty on your own after the bumper to bumper is over with.Yes turn off that extended warranty.If they give you any hassle like saying they are faxing the papers and no refund comes call honda corp hotline file a complaint and im sure the main manager will be calling your phone apologizing for the while situation ha ha ha ha i know i been there and done that

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
To get your warrenty refunded you have to bring the copy of the contract in and (let them photo copy the originals) and you need to sign cancellation paper and they fax it right in front of you to make sure.Sad I had to watch them fax it after 2 times they said they did already.They make money off these warranty thats why they get so mad when you refund them because they have to give it back also ha ha ha
Nissan dealership was so much more respectful they asked us once of we wanted the warranty and when we said no they didn't try to explain the cons and why we really need to get it.they left it at that.I know for a fact because i was in Skype with the wife while she was buying the car for me,LMFAO!!

·
out of control
2,302 Posts
One rule of thumb when trying to save money, NEVER EVER buy extended warranty. As far as I know, most of the time Honda as well as other dealerships always call BS on anything that could be covered under warranty.

My driver side window rolls down slower than my passenger window. I told a tech this and he said they both roll down at the same time to him. But when I used to the unroll window with key function, the driver side window was still up while the passenger was noticeably lower. The tech then told me it was common and they could not fix it. Seems to me he just didn't want to.

Research and research next time before you buy a car. Never feel pressured to buy "extras". It's your money, and as long as you make a reasonable offer (can be low too), then the dealers won't refuse it. Here's another tip, the best time to go to the dealership is at the end of the month.

·
out of control
2,302 Posts
and to answer your question, you got duped into buying an alarm system that already came on standard AND activated on your car. What that dealer did should be illegal (idk if it is). Email him and tell him you found out the alarm came standard and if he doesn't refund, then you will file a complaint to the manager and honda.

·
Registered
144 Posts
This is bad bad bad and why car dealers get a bad rep as a whole. Also, the warranty isn't a bad idea but $1900...wow. Search online and you can buy it for at least $1000 cheaper.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
This is bad bad bad and why car dealers get a bad rep as a whole. Also, the warranty isn't a bad idea but $1900...wow. Search online and you can buy it for at least $1000 cheaper.
tell me how have double coverage for the first 3 years makes sense??

·
"Life In The Slow Lane"
2,111 Posts
tell me how have double coverage for the first 3 years makes sense??
The extended warrenty takes over when the stantard 3 year one expires

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Not all the ones they have tried to sell me and the one we canceled.We had one on our mazda5 and when we traded the car in we were refunded a prorated amount for how much of the warranty was left out of the coverage.then why is it you get a 60 days to cancel and get a full refund.because it starts as soon as you buy it.why would they sell you something that wont take affect for 3 years?you may want to look at your warranty papers.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Congrats on your new car. I especially like your choice, but I guess I'm a little biased. What color did you get?

The EX-L model comes with an alarm and an engine immobilizer. Even if the thief breaks the window and gets in your car he's not going anywhere with it because of the immobilizer. The Honda's from the 80's and 90's are some of the most stolen cars made, but when Honda started putting engine immobilizers in their cars, theft of Honda's went down dramatically. The only way new Honda's can be stolen now is on the back of a flatbed truck.

It is pretty scummy and shady they would tell you the car doesn't come with an alarm, but, I hate to say this, you should have done a little homework before you bought the car. Even if you went to the Honda website they give full descriptions of the different models, and you would have seen the Accord EX-L already comes with an alarm and the engine immobilizer. When buying something really expensive like a car or a house it's best to be an informed buyer so you don't get taken advantage of the way you did.

While it ****s you lost some money on the deal, it's only money, you'll make it back. For now enjoy your new car and don't let this experience ruin that new car enjoyment. You live and learn, now you'll know better the next time you buy a car.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I hate people like this... scumbags ...and i have dealt with MANY in this industry. You should be ok because you have on paper that 'theft prevention' was installed and that you can return the warranty within 60 days. Don't listen to any of their BS. Just go with what you have written down and make demands. They have already proven to be uncooperative. Best of luck!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts