Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
09 CBP Sedan V6 Navi
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to order to a few items from this dealer and was wondering if any member has any experience with this site.

Thanks

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
1,015 Posts
Yep. Definitely a legit dealership out in Cali. Made a few orders from them and got them within a week.

·
09 CBP Sedan V6 Navi
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the quick reply. Looking to order 19 HFP rims from them. The cheapest around http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/2008-2009-honda-accord-coupe-19-hfp-pds-10-alloy-wheels-4143.html .At first they cancelled my order stating:

"We are writing to inform you that order 57145 has been voided. Your order has been voided because of the following reason:
Hello , Since your order is over $750.00 we will not be able to accept payment from a credit or debit card. Instead, we do offer an alternative method: WIRE TRANSFER/DIRECT DEPOSIT. If you are interested, please let us know via email or phone. We can provide you with a shipping date and availability for your parts together with the wire transfer information via email. If you are not interested, please disregard this message. Since the order has been canceled, the authorization will be removed from your account within a few business days. Regards, Customer Service Hondapartsnow.com"

Which I thought was complete b/s and questioned their creditability. I called up customer service and they suggested to me to make to 2 separate orders which came out to about $499 for 2 rims(shipped). Which is roughly about a $1000 compared to $979 which was my original order.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,573 Posts
If they won't take credit for that amount, I'd go somewhere else.

A credit card will protect you, a (bank) wire transfer won't if something goes wrong (damaged product, missing something, etc.). You never know.

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
1,015 Posts
I'd do the two orders. You're still saving pretty much $200 on the wheels compared to MSRP, especially if this is the cheapest you can find.

·
09 CBP Sedan V6 Navi
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input i'll consider all options before going forward.

I actually called up College Hills and the best they could do for me is $300/rim. he said he would probably be losing almost $60 a rim if he were to price match.

anyone bought stuff from Honda Car Parts dot com?

going back to hondapartsnow.com... any one have any reason why they don't accept anything over $750? i called them and the guy told me it has something to do with their credit card company and billing department. it's hard to think to put in another order after hearing about this since so much money is involved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to order to a few items from this dealer and was wondering if any member has any experience with this site.

Thanks
Yes, I've had experience with this site. A TERRIBLE experience, here is my story:

I have a Honda Civic 2001 LX, coupe automatic with about 82k miles on it. I was overdue for a timing belt and water pump replacement, so I thought I should get my ass on it.

I went to hondapartsnow and bought all the necessary parts I needed. The part for the timing belt that I ordered was 14400-PMM-A02. So anyway, I took it to a mechanic, he took all my parts, did the work, cost $310 for labor, done (all the parts I bought were a total of $125 after shipping).

Anyway, so I'm driving to another city which is about 250 miles away, half way there, I'm doing 60-70 MPH on a major highway when all of a sudden I hear a noise and notice my accelerator doesn't work anymore. I panic and pull over to the side of the road. Turn off my car. Wait, try to turn it back on, doesn't turn on.

Awesome. Get my car towed to a Pepboys (ugh). I call a friend who comes gets me (100 miles away) and leave my car there. Finally they determine that the wrong belt was installed in my car. The part they found in my car is a 14400-P2F-A01. WTF? Anyway, I go back down and pick up my car.

I checked my invoice on the parts I ordered, I definitely ordered 14400-PMM-A02. I went back to the repair shop and they said they installed the parts I gave them, and that they have no other spare timing belts around so they couldn't have accidentally installed another part. The guy said I should take it up with the supplier (which I'm currently doing), though he said if they don't help me he is willing to refund half of the labor.

I called the supplier, they are only willing to refund that specific part ($20 total) and that's it. At the moment I'm just going to call the credit card company and dispute the entire invoice amount ($125). I suppose I could try to take them to small claims court but it may be more trouble than it is worth.

The mechanic that did the work gave me a refund for $200 of the labor, so he was pretty nice about and took care of me. I'd still recommend him simply because of his customer service.

So essentially, if they mess up, they won't take care of you at all. I wouldn't shop with them at all. There are plenty of other places to get Honda OEM parts.

·
dont deviate
347 Posts
Legit website but meh.
-Ordered a small and thin $20 part, shipping was $12.
-Really the part could've been mailed in an envelope.
-Had to wait an extra week while they sourced the part from elsewhere.
-But they were courteous to email and tell me so.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered parts for my 2005 Accord Hybrid on Wednesday, I received them today (Friday). One thing I learned a very long time ago... Check all orders when you receive them against the packing list. That way, if you get a wrong item (and it can happen on occasion as nobody is perfect), you can have the error corrected immediately. I did save $100 over the cost the local dealership was going to charge me for the parts and another $200 in labor by using my regular mechanic.

I checked prices for every site I could find online including my local dealership who gave me a written quote for the parts and labor to install. Local Honda dealer had to order the parts out themselves and couldn't do the work until the end of next week. Parts arrived today, car will be fixed on Monday! NOBODY could beat HONDAPARTSNOW.COM's prices.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Something to consider is sales tax. Hondapartsnow.com ships out of California so all orders going to California will be charged a 9.25% sales tax. Being from California, I try to find retailers in neighboring states. I learned Hondapartsunlimited.com sells out of Arizona and I've used them a couple of times. Of course, you should compare shipping rates as well to see which is the better bargain. Maybe we can get a list going of all the online retailers and where they ship out from and what taxes/handling fees, if any, apply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hondapartsnow.com is not recommended

I feel Hondapartsnow.com ripped me off on shipping and handling!! I live overseas (military affiliated) and own a Honda Odyssey which they do not sell over here. I needed an oil pan and my Honda shop couldn't get one till June so I decided to order from Hondapartsnow.com. Hondapartsnow.com does not ship overseas so I had the part sent to my brother in law and paid the extra $45.00 to ship it 2nd day UPS AIR and then he was going to FedEx it to me overseas. My car is in the shop waiting on this part so it was important to me to have this expedited as quickly as possible.
My brother in law waited around for it until Monday when he had to leave town for a job. He called a friend to come by the house everyday and check for it. The part did not arrive until TUESDAY after 4PM. OK, fine. It took much longer than what I had paid for (remember, ordered Thursday and arrived the following Tuesday) but they do not count weekends. Again, fine, but it was still 3 business days later that the part came in per FedEx receipt of drop off.
I called Hondapartsnow.com and spoke with someone asking to have my 2nd day FedEx Air charges of $45.00 dropped as it did not come in 2 days. He passed me on to his "manager" who proceeded to read their policy on S&H over the phone verbatim in a very condescending voice. Seeing as it did not address my situation I challenged his time line of 2nd day delivery upon which he gave me a "song and dance" on it doesn't take into account the processing of the order......really? Soooo..........2nd day Air Delivery doesn't really mean 2nd day Air Delivery....according to Hondapartsnow.com it means as soon as it is "processed"......conveniently that really means "whenever it gets there we can tell you whatever we want as you have no idea what processing means".
My biggest gripe with the company is that Hondapartsnow.com denies any responsibility for the goof up. In fact, the manager at Hondapartsnow.com was unapologetic, unprofessional and acted like this was all due to MY ignorance on how a company works. Shame on him. Hondapartsnow.com refuses to reimburse my $45.00. Fine, I can afford $45.00, but, Hondapartsnow.com was wrong and then not to admit or take responsibility for it when it could have been someone on the other end of the phone that may NOT have had the extra $45.00 really irks me.
I have not received the part so can't speak to that but I can speak to Hondapartsnow.com and their failure in customer service and shipping policy. With so many online parts companies available I would suggest you take your business elsewhere and enjoy the customer service that Hondapartsnow.com does NOT provide.

:boohoo: :bawling::bawl:

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
Ordered some items and they still havent shipped 5 days later. Will not use again.
What items did you order? Lots of parts have to be shipped to the dealer from the regional / main Honda warehouses and then they ship them to you. The only parts a dealer is going to have in stock is going to be more common consumables or stuff their service techs are likely to break and need replacing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After doing some research I ordered a case (30) of the -A01 oil filters as listed on their website. The filters showed up a few days later, and I was delivered the -A02 filters, which are inferior, rebadged Fram filters.

I contacted Ryan with customer service and he issued an RMA for the return of the filters. The RMA listed the correct filter number (A01). I had to ship the filters back at my own expense ($22) A couple of days later he told me they had received the filters back, and that they would issue a refund, less the 20% restocking fee. I told him I would dispute the charge with my CC company, as the incorrect filters were delivered. I initiated the charge back. Two months later, they responded to my credit card company saying "they had never received the filters, and the RMA response form was illegible. Further, reception of an RMA does not mean that the buyer had shipped the products back". The RMA was folded up and returned in the box of filters per their instructions! The response was provided by Nick M.

I am furious. I have tracking confirmation from UPS showing that the filters were delivered and signed for by someone named Amauno. We are on to round two now, and I am waiting on a return call from my CC company.

I will post on every forum that I am a member of about this company and their lack of customer service. I will NEVER recommend them to anyone and I will do my very best to make sure no one else ever orders from them, either. This is easily the worst experience I have ever had with any online vendor

Edit: I know a first post on a forum makes me look bad, but I have been part of online communities for the last 15 years. This is my most negative experience to date with any company, in any area of business.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,099 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts