Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed while I've been driving on the highway that when I'm going about 60-70mph I can hear the wind almost as if the door seal isn't flush. Has anyone else experienced this? I have a 2015 Touring.

·
Elvira
3,683 Posts

·
Elvira
3,683 Posts
Thanks! It looks like this is indeed what I am experiencing. Will try to take to dealer sometime this week.
Please post the results if indeed it is the TSB related problem. TIA

·
2.5th gear
306 Posts
It is Really Easy to fix this issue, I did by myself, 0$ cost. Took some 3D adhesive Rubber i had gotten from receive package at work.
Ive cut 3-4mm width.
Just put out the Rubber when the windows close.
Put the Rubber adhesive into the channel on the outside of the car side of the rubber. There is an Empty Channel of 4-5mm.
I don't know, having a empty space like that makes it easy for wind to come in.
There. Problem is fix 80-90%, it is now very aceptable. I don't really hear it anymore.
Its a weird feeling to not hear anymore something. Not like adding sound on an exhaust and yeahh !! lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have noticed while I've been driving on the highway that when I'm going about 60-70mph I can hear the wind almost as if the door seal isn't flush. Has anyone else experienced this? I have a 2015 Touring.
Many have here and it's not normal.

You may need to see if this helps TSB 15-011

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/4073633-post69.html
Thank you, I had no idea that a TSB was released for this. Just figured I'd have to live with it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I fixed mine by adjusting the door jam in toward the drivers seat so the door closes tighter. I have to make sure I fully close the door but it is worth it to cut down the wind noise. You need an impact driver to loosen and tighten the two screws on the jam. Also, they are Torx, so you need the proper driver for that.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It is Really Easy to fix this issue, I did by myself, 0$ cost. Took some 3D adhesive Rubber i had gotten from receive package at work.
Ive cut 3-4mm width.
Just put out the Rubber when the windows close.
Put the Rubber adhesive into the channel on the outside of the car side of the rubber. There is an Empty Channel of 4-5mm.
I don't know, having a empty space like that makes it easy for wind to come in.
There. Problem is fix 80-90%, it is now very aceptable. I don't really hear it anymore.
Its a weird feeling to not hear anymore something. Not like adding sound on an exhaust and yeahh !! lol
Can you post a photo to show where you put the rubber and what the rubber looks like. thanks.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
What build month was your 2015?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just bought a 2015 EX-L v6 and I have this issue as well. Noticed on the highway on my way home from the dealership! :/ I don't do a ton of highway driving, so I'll probably wait until my first oil change to have them apply the TSB.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
I unfortunately did not get a chance, may go sometime next week. My build date is March 2015.
Mine is April 2015 hopefully it has the TSB already applied as the TSB came out in March.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
March 15, 2015 here, have the noise. Primary driver of the car is hard of hearing so hasn't complained about it :)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I found a bulge near the top of the B pillar trim (aka sash trim in the TSB's language) on the passenger's side a couple of weeks ago. Been meaning to take it to the dealer and keep forgetting. I can fix it myself, but while it's under warranty, I'd just as soon have a dealer record of it in case it becomes a recurring issue somewhere down the road.

But oddly enough, it doesn't seem to be making a noticeable amount of noise. Maybe I don't notice it since my only other car is 18 years old and makes considerably more noise on the highway. It'll be interesting to see what happens after it's fixed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts