Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
You're easy money.
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an OEM replica spoiler from eBay I like it, it looks exactly the same and the paint was a perfect match. My only problem was the led light wasn't too bright, a year later it seems to have gotten even dimmer. I remember reading a while ago people replacing it with the clear led strip from the Si spoiler. I tried to search and couldn't find any thread about it. Any help or information will be greatly appreciated.

·
You're easy money.
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
840 Posts
I wanted to do this to my previous cars which also had Ebay spoilers and not-so-bright brake lights. Wanted to use the very bright OEM light but then found out it is a different length and hightly doubt it was going to fit

That was my only complaint about the Ebay spoilers

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
Thanks Avio, now what about actually replacing it. I know there's two screws underneath the light, is it as simple as just removing the screws and sliding it out?
It should be pretty straightforward, you will need to look at the images the site provided to verify with the one you remove from your spoiler for dimensions, fitting/mounting features etc.

You will likely have to do the wire splicing again as the aftermarket one likely does not use the OEM connector, my spoiler wasn't OEM either and I can see wiring splice for the power connection.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Ordered a replacement LED strip for the spoiler for my 2000 Civic from spoilerlights.com...

Replaced it and never had a problem later on...

I'd recommend them, but they are not cheap...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts