Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I slept in mine the day I bought it. I don't like doing the whole three dates thing.

It was a little uncomfortable but I was parked in a grocery store parking lot and wanted to wake up as soon as possible so I tried just taking small naps. The main reason was my rental needed to be returned that day before 12p, I lived over an hour away, and I couldn't find a hotel I was willing to pay for (ACL was going on and nothing could be had for under $100).

·
Registered
532 Posts
If there is enough room to take someone to poundtown in the back of my coupe.. Im damn sure there is enough room to sleep.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I don't do Facebook; Twitter; or any of that ;)

IMHO, if the OP didn't want people questioning "Why?" on such an odd topic (aka is a private person) than they would have never posted such a topic on a public forum and welcomed all opinions "good and bad"... lol

The question in of itself cannot have a straight forward boolean answer. It may work for some, and not for others. The only way the OP will get the answer, is to try it for themselves and see how they personally feel about it.

They obviously have internet and are talking about upgrading to a much less gas-friendly SUV...so I'm not thinking finances are the culprit. If anything, knowing the "why?" and possible length of time could assist in better voicing our opinions to their question
The rav4 i think is more gas friendly.. those things are insane on mpg

·
I <3 My Honda
3,916 Posts
The rav4 i think is more gas friendly.. those things are insane on mpg
Did you really say "pound...town...?" o_O

Just in case of confusion, I was comparing a RAV4 to the OP's current Accord - not the RAV4 as a SUV (which I do agree they are decent on gas)

Mileage reviews on the 4cyl RAV4 (keep in mind the OP did not state a brand new RAV4 so the year is unknown)

2007 19.3mpg
2008 21.9mpg
2009 22.8mpg
2010 22.4mpg
2011 22.7mpg
2012 22.8mpg
2013 25.1mpg
2014 25.4mpg

I don't know how you're driving, but my V6 Accord crushes those numbers. I cannot argue, though, that for a mid-size SUV Toyota obviously has been doing some re-engineering as evidenced by 2007 vs. 2014

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,421 Posts
If there is enough room to take someone to poundtown in the back of my coupe.. Im damn sure there is enough room to sleep.
With comments like that, I'm sure you'll find out if you can sleep in a dog house one day, if you're lucky.:thumbsdow

·
Registered
532 Posts
was just saying... its spacious enough for sexual activity

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
^ like that needed clarification ...SMH

·
Registered
2 Posts
Will the front seats recline into a bed with the rear?

Good day,

I had a 6th gen (1999) Accord LX Sedan and 1990 Mazda 626 where the front seats could slide all the way forward, and with the headrests removed, recline to form a bed with the rears. This feature was shown earlier in the thread with the Honda Element. I've seen photos of late 90s CRVs that also have this feature, and the I've also used the feature in a 1998 Rav4.

My question, and the reason I was searching old threads, is "Does the 7th generation Accord also have this feature?" I'm considering purchasing a 2003, and cannot see it in person first.

Accord flat seat:

626 flat seat:

Thanks

·
Registered
617 Posts
Good day,

I had a 6th gen (1999) Accord LX Sedan and 1990 Mazda 626 where the front seats could slide all the way forward, and with the headrests removed, recline to form a bed with the rears. This feature was shown earlier in the thread with the Honda Element. I've seen photos of late 90s CRVs that also have this feature, and the I've also used the feature in a 1998 Rav4.

My question, and the reason I was searching old threads, is "Does the 7th generation Accord also have this feature?" I'm considering purchasing a 2003, and cannot see it in person first.

Accord flat seat:
No, the passenger seat does not have enough forward movement to allow it to recline flat.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,875 Posts
Since we're digging up old threads today...

I've taken plenty a nap in the passenger seat of my '99 (I know that doesn't answer your question of 7th gens being comfy). I get random bouts of car sickness, so if I have a responsible, licensed passenger with me I let them drive while I rest my eyes. I'm sure I could sleep at least a night in it if I had to. You can get pretty horizontal with the front seats.

But if you're looking for a Daily Sleeper, get a Chrysler Town & Country with the removable second and third row seats...then throw a full-size mattress back there and you're good. I know this because I fit both my mattress and box spring in mine and realized it would be awesome for camping in, haha. Gets great gas mileage too!

·
7th Gear
1,541 Posts
Remove passenger head rest, recline all the way back after scooting the seat forward.

I did the same thing when the rental company screwed me over when I was heading to Willow Springs for a weekend drift event, ended up doing that in a '99 I30.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts