Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Tampa FL
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Honda is not offering the V6 with the 6MT on a sedan.

So I was thinking it would be cool to swap one in. of course, in a few years when it is less expensive to do so, and all of the warranties have expired.

Does anyone know if there are any mayor differences that would make this hard?

I would love a V6 Sport with the 6MT (I need the 4 doors so a coupe was out of the question)

just thinking out loud here :naughty:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Probably a lot easier to swap the transmission than the whole engine. Then throw on the sport wheels and trunk lip.

Gonna cost a lot of money though - probably more than buying the V-6 coupe and renting something larger when you need it.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I'm not a mechanic but you would have to bring lots of money. A new engine is very expensive and who knows what a used one would be like. The current CVT transmission was not designed to be mated to a V6 so that might not work at all. Plus the amount of rework required to do this job would cost more than just buying two new cars. A Coupe V6 for fun and a V6 Or I4 sedan for the tomes you need more room. Both would have warranties.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Could've had a V6.

:)

·
Basque Red Fury
1,046 Posts
It would still likely be cheaper to install your own turbo even if you have a shop give you a deep discount labor. Not to mention far more reliable than messing with the transmission. Might get similar output to V6

·
Tampa FL
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could try to find a Canadian V6 Touring 6MT. I test drove one a few months ago; lots of fun.
No idea Canada had a V6 sedan with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Not financially reasonable or sound to do so. Also to drop the V6 into the engine bay requires more than just an engine swap.

·
6MT JUNKIE
719 Posts
No idea Canada had a V6 sedan with a manual transmission.
LAWL, Canada has a 6MT touring but not the V6 version......look it up

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just buy a V6 badge and attach it in front of the Sport badge.

Cheaper , easier , and you still get to keep the better engine. ;)

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
V6 swap into a sedan sport 6mt

Right now it's a pipe dream, but, assuming that the 2.4 6mt mates right up with the v6, all we would need is an engine, v6 coupe mounts, ECU and harness, and springs.

The older these cars get, I have no doubt we'll eventually see a v6 6mt swapped sedan.

·
6MT JUNKIE
719 Posts
Right now it's a pipe dream, but, assuming that the 2.4 6mt mates right up with the v6, all we would need is an engine, v6 coupe mounts, ECU and harness, and springs.

The older these cars get, I have no doubt we'll eventually see a v6 6mt swapped sedan.
You have to swap the tranny...new clutch.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would say that it would be easier to make a V6 look like a Sport..

·
Registered
265 Posts

That's it huh?

It would be much, much easier to swap in an MT from the V6 coupe into a sedan. Doing it in a Sport is pretty pointless. At least start with the right canvas.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts