Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here & just wondering if you guys think my 2010 Accord with 65k miles on it will be totaled? I was tboned by a woman who ran a stop sign. I'm pregnant and she crashed into the drivers side where me and my 2 year old daughter were sitting. Thank god no one was injured, just the car! The woman who was at fault has State Farm and won't have anyone out to look at my car for about 5 days so I'm just curious what others think!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

· Running NYC
1,315 Posts
Sheesh, First and foremost thank god you and your family is are ok specially being pregnant.

As for the car it looks to be substantial damage there! what year is the car? any idea on what its worth at the moment?

· Registered
178 Posts
TOTALED 100%

- advice, search on your own for comparable vehicles because most likely the insurance company will not pay you that $13500, they do not go by NADA OR KBB. They use there own system,

happend to me just few months ago, go check my thread if you'd like but it took MONTHS of fighting.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your replies, that sucks if they aren't going to give me that much because I probably still owe close to that on it.. I bought it a year and a half ago for 18k. I have been looking at other cars with similar year / miles and I have seen some for around 16k so I am going to print those out to show them if they try and offer significantly less.

Not looking forward to car shopping if it's totaled, I was very happy with my Accord! It was my 3rd Honda so now I'm debating switching things up and looking at the new Passat or sticking with what I know best! Thoughts?

· Banned
686 Posts
Can't imagine supporting a company that purposely sold cars that are not within our emission standards and lied the whole way until they had no choice, simply in an effort to sell more cars and make more money. They should be thrown in jail.

Besides that, I've had 3 8th gen accords and plan on buying a 10th gen when they come out In a few years . They're bulletproof if you take care of them in regards to maintenance.

· Registered
72 Posts
stay with Honda...VW ??...just say I will never own another German car again. Just quirky and not as reliable (IMO).

glad you are ok..enjoy the insurance battle. good luck.

· '09 EX 4DR 5MT
112 Posts
Very glad you made it out okay, ChelseaLeigh - you've got friends upstairs, no question about it. The car definitely looks totaled, but if you stick to your guns and do your research you will certainly be able to work with your insurance company to get what you deserve for it. Best wishes - maybe try Volkswagen? LOL

wd4f

· Registered
810 Posts
Have you talked with your insurance company? Sometimes you get a better deal working with them and/or faster. Years ago I had mine handle a claim and they paid all costs minus deductible. Then they went after the other company (I think the term is subrogation) and when they settled I got the deductible back.

· Registered
4 Posts
the real factor is.... will it cost more to repair than replace? both doors, rear fender... i'm assuming the front is OK. the rear drive shaft might be unaffected. they might repair it. hope their insurance is good - five days is a long time to wait for an adjuster. it doesn't sound like they'll try to steer you to a cheap place that'll give shoddy repairs.

find a few comparable cars in your area to replace what you have... my last insurance was really fair and gave me slightly above market value due to relatively low mileage. it was enough to start financing on another decent car (2011 accord coupe) with low monthly payments.

· Corvair
187 Posts
VW's are very unreliable. German engineering is overrated. The saying is "Never own a German car after the warrantee is up". I read about a guy who had $5000 in repairs in the first few years out of warrantee. I worked with a guy who's VW headlight on reminder warning stopped working. Said it would cost $500. I think the Passat has a solid rear axle. Even my '95 Neon had an independent rear suspension.

Get an Accord Sport with a stick!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.