Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going down to las vegas from teXas. At the two way stop sign, i accidentally pushed my paddles and collided with an suv. i only have liability insurance with me and i got a ticket for the stop violation.
Anyways is my car going to get fixed or totaled and if not totaled, how much is it going to cost to rebuild?

This is what it looks like just the front part is damaged

Attachments

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
If you don't have collision insurance, you're not getting anything from the insurance company. You're on your own as far as the repair, so you have to get an estimate and decide whether it's worth it to pay the amount it's going to take to fix or not. I really hope you don't owe the bank for the car.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The list of wrecked/flooded accords just won't slow down! Yikes, only carrying liability is probably about to bite you in the ass. :frown I'm not too experienced with body shop costs but i'd say a minimum of $2k in repairs...

Best of luck, keep us updated!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I lost too many (2) cars for not having the Full coverage. One, an older Nissan Altima :cough: had less damage from what I can see in your picture.

Good luck, but it looks like a lot of work $$$

·
Registered
254 Posts
The list of wrecked/flooded accords just won't slow down! Yikes, only carrying liability is probably about to bite you in the ass. :frown I'm not too experienced with body shop costs but i'd say a minimum of $2k in repairs...

Best of luck, keep us updated!
I'd say $2K is pretty optimistic. I see hood, bumper, headlight, radiator... ouch

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh man. I am just a student, but i dont want to sell this car to a junk yard. If it cost 2k to fix it, i think i can manage somehow but i feel like it will cost between 4k to 5k?

You guys think this car will not be total loss right? i just hope that the estimatation wont be over 5k

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
You guys think this car will not be total loss right? i just hope that the estimatation wont be over 5k
You decide what a total loss is now, since no insurance company is paying for it... the repair can be anywhere from 2-5k and you decide if you want to walk away and sell it as is or get next to nothing from a salvage yard.

I would find all used parts from a salvage yard and fix it as best you can... can't afford all new parts...

Start here Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market you should be able to find everything you need or even a body shop can source you used parts.

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
I had a tail light and rear quarter panel and fender fixed on an '04 coupe, and that was over $1500. It was in a parking lot and whoever was next to me scraped it. This looks like a lot more than $2k just from my experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The body shop told me that its going to be between 4k to 5k with cash...and the record bill is 600. Think its worth the fixing. Nothimg interior problem just the cosmetic

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
The body shop told me that its going to be between 4k to 5k with cash...and the record bill is 600. Think its worth the fixing. Nothimg interior problem just the cosmetic
Compare it to what cars with no damage are selling used... if the car was in good shape mechanically and its worth 6-7k used then sure fix it and drive it for years...if not try to sell it for 1-2k and walk away.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The cost of effort to repair the vehicle will depend on the condition of your car before the accident, I'd think. Things like year, trim level, and mileage should play a role in determining if it would be economically feasible/worthwhile to repair the car. Example: if you had a 2008 LX with 200,000+ miles and the estimate for repair is $5000, I'd say junk it and cut your losses. If it's a 2010 EX with 40,000 miles, $5000 is probably less than the value of the vehicle, so it may be worth your effort to repair it.

From the (crappy) pictures, it looks like you'd need a hood, front bumper cover, front bumper beam (this may lead to finding frame damage, but who knows), probably straighten or replace the radiator support as well as the radiator and perform a coolant flush, new headlights. Those parts plus the cost of paint and labor to spray the paint. Yeah, $5000 sounds like a good estimate.

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
Yikes! How fast were you going? Is there any damage to the other car that you need to pay for?

Best of luck with the whole situation! Hopefully you still somehow found your way to Vegas and had some better luck there.

·
Registered
434 Posts
That sucks.

I've totaled cars that were still new and not paid off with only liability coverage .... THAT sucks, paying for a car that is sitting in the junkyard ....

Could be worse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes mine is about 65000 miles on the road and 2010 lx with leather sits. i called them to start fixing it. I am definitely getting my collision insurance next time. Made a huge mistake not getting insurance while i am on road trip. stupid mistakes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Caused me to pay for everything. But good thing that the car was already paid in full so i dont need to worry about financing. Other car got damaged on their right back bumper and a flattened tires but yeah if i had gone little bit further we could have died

·
Registered
138 Posts
How much did you really save by not having full coverage? I can't imagine more than $100 a month. Now you're out way more $$ in one way or another.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts