Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I park my accord I have noticed that the steering wheel can be a half turn (honda emblem on its side) while the wheels are relatively straight? I supposedly had an alignment done(took it back twice to be "re-aligned"), but my steering will wander sometimes and pulls to the left above a certain speed. I am really confused. I read about the 40mm box wrench and tightening up the steering, would this help?

Also had my ase mechanic buddy take a look at it and he says its responsive, but sometimes he BS's to get out of work.Maybe it is in my head I traded in a dodge ram for the accord and that thing had nice stiff steering..

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
Dude, I'm going through the same problem. I've had over 5 alignments this year alone (lifetime alignments on my car thanks to Firestone) and my steering wheel has to stay in the 11:00 position to go straight or my car will pull to the right. I've complained to them numerous times about this situation, and they've aligned it to spec. The tires aren't going bad because it's aligned, but the steering nevertheless is still off. I hope we can figure this out together.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Can't you just adjust the steering wheel since the car is actually aligned. I thought that you adjust the crooked steering wheel when the car is actually aligned and runs straight.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You can't judge your steering wheel while the car is parked. Is it a half turn off when driving? I doubt it. I am pretty sure there are updated alignment spec in a TSB.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
updated alignment spec tsb

Can you tell me which tsb for the updated alignment spec so I can take it to the alignment shop.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I forgot to look today. Hopefully I'll remember tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts