Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't notice anything different on how they look but is there difference in performance of something I didn't notice? I think newer ones like the 07 is more expensive then the 03 but I don't see a difference in them?

·
Registered
745 Posts
yes. The accord got a mid generation refresh for 2006-2007. Here are some highlights...

In 2005 for its 2006 model year, which was its 30th anniversary, the North American Accord received a mid-generational refresh, though it was fairly significant and some enthusiasts called this generation 7.5.

The exterior was revised with a new front grille later seen on the eighth-generation Honda Civic which also debuted that year, new rear end styling with triangular LED taillights, daytime running lights (DRLs) and heated side mirrors for US EX models.[8] Heated mirrors and DRLs were previously available only on Accords sold in Canada. The 2006 model year also featured new wheel designs, with 17" rims being standard on V6 models. Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), traction control, and Brake assist became available on the V6 models for the first time. Previously, the system was named TCS and included the traction control and brake assist, but not stability control.

The interior was also slightly redesigned with changes such as a new steering wheel cover, differently colored gauges and a differently styled shift knob for automatic transmission models. The GPS Navigation system was updated (4th generation) with a faster processor, more memory, and several new features, such as restaurant information from Zagat. A revised maintenance minder system was also added which gave owners reminders for scheduled maintenance such as oil changes based on operating conditions.

Also starting in 2005 all accords got side curtain airbags.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes. The accord got a mid generation refresh for 2006-2007. Here are some highlights...

In 2005 for its 2006 model year, which was its 30th anniversary, the North American Accord received a mid-generational refresh, though it was fairly significant and some enthusiasts called this generation 7.5.

The exterior was revised with a new front grille later seen on the eighth-generation Honda Civic which also debuted that year, new rear end styling with triangular LED taillights, daytime running lights (DRLs) and heated side mirrors for US EX models.[8] Heated mirrors and DRLs were previously available only on Accords sold in Canada. The 2006 model year also featured new wheel designs, with 17" rims being standard on V6 models. Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), traction control, and Brake assist became available on the V6 models for the first time. Previously, the system was named TCS and included the traction control and brake assist, but not stability control.

The interior was also slightly redesigned with changes such as a new steering wheel cover, differently colored gauges and a differently styled shift knob for automatic transmission models. The GPS Navigation system was updated (4th generation) with a faster processor, more memory, and several new features, such as restaurant information from Zagat. A revised maintenance minder system was also added which gave owners reminders for scheduled maintenance such as oil changes based on operating conditions.

Also starting in 2005 all accords got side curtain airbags.
Would you say the 05-07 looks better then? I want to know your opinion.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Top is 2003 and bottom is what a 2007 would look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Listen to these people they know what they are talking about lol. I see 7.5 gens all the time and think damn that's a nice looking car led tails and all. Man I want led tails..end rant.

·
Registered
350 Posts
now, let's see that ass. :devil
BAM!!!! lol (hope Bobbo didn't copyright that)

My car will confuse people. It's a 2003 Accord with 2005-ish tail lights with a 2007 front bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
My preference is the 03-05 model years, and not just because I own one. The overall styling was more cohesive in those years. The 2006 and 2007 do not flow, especially the rear end. If I could have afforded one I would've purchased a TSX of that vintage. Best looking of the bunch by far in my opinion. And with a 6? manual to boot!

6-manual.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
My preference is the 03-05 model years, and not just because I own one. The overall styling was more cohesive in those years. The 2006 and 2007 do not flow, especially the rear end. If I could have afforded one I would've purchased a TSX of that vintage. Best looking of the bunch by far in my opinion. And with a 6? manual to boot!

6-manual.
I will respectfully disagree.

I think they all look good, especially if made to look so.

I think the 06-07 rears look much better, however, just because of the LED tails, and the more segregated L+R assemblies. To me it just looks so damn sexy.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I will respectfully disagree.

I think they all look good, especially if made to look so.

I think the 06-07 rears look much better, however, just because of the LED tails, and the more segregated L+R assemblies. To me it just looks so damn sexy.
I agree, though having an 06, I could be partial to the 7.5....also, nobody mentioned some of the issues the early 7th gens transmissions

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I agree, though having an 06, I could be partial to the 7.5....also, nobody mentioned some of the issues the early 7th gens transmissions
I can see that, except when I see a 7th gen, I don't say to myself "oh look, a 2005" or whatever it is. To me, it's a 7th gen, and I admire the beauty that is the 7th gen, no matter which year. That being said, I still prefer the 06-07. I think the rear end was designed well.

Reactions: carlson03

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Here's my favorite color and model. It shall be mine. As long as there are no service history surprises.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I like the 7.5 gen sedan the best. BUT, I like them all, 7th gen sedan, coupe, 7.5 gen sedan, coupe.
@accord_2003_EX, if you end up going for it, be sure to post better pics!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts