Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an aftermarket hood lift kit for a 2014 Honda Accord sport? I hate the stupid stick!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Why aftermarket? OEM can’t be that much, they’re stock on EXL and up trim levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
2017 Accord Touring Hybrid

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Wow, that’s surprising. Even my 2004 EXL had hood struts. Maybe it’s a V6 thing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wow, that’s surprising. Even my 2004 EXL had hood struts. Maybe it’s a V6 thing.

It is a V6 thing. No 2018+ Accords have struts, as they are all 4-cylinder engines.

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,380 Posts
2017 Accord Touring Hybrid
It is a V6 thing. No 2018+ Accords have struts, as they are all 4-cylinder engines.
Light weight aluminum hood on 9th gen Accord hybrid and all 10th gen Accords vs heavy steel hood on V6 Accords

The Accord Sedan and Coupe both get a major facelift for 2016. In place of the previous wrap-around front bumper is a more sharply creased and intricately structured front fascia, the lower portion of which tucks into large intake-like meshed areas that house new LED fog lights (Sport trim and above). For the Accord Sedan, a more sharply creased and contoured aluminum hood replaces the steel version on earlier models and meets up with a brighter, more pronounced front grille. The new more expressive face of Accord is complimented by a sharply sculpted rear bumper fascia and new LED taillight design. The Accord Coupe also boasts more sporting and aggressive front and rear fasciae, a new grille, and restyled headlights and taillights.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hoods are different between those that have strut and those that do not. They are more reinforced, this was discussed somewhere in here about a year ago or so.

·
3-Time Accord Owner
1,136 Posts
It's not just a matter of adding hood support struts, the hood itself needs to have the internal reinforcement that comes only on the V6 hood in 2014 (and 2103 and 2015). You will need to procure a V6 hood, either OEM or aftermarket, and THEN you can add the support struts and, finally, throw away the prop rod. I keep sort of hoping I hit a deer, and when I do, I will specify a V6 hood as the replacement.

On a similar note, the good news is that the V6 battery does indeed bolt right into the Sport (and all Accord 4-cylinders that use the ridiculous near-motorcycle battery). You only need to buy the V6 battery top clamp piece. If you really want to "do it up", you might also want to add the plastic battery cover/cap and plastic heat shield from the V6 as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts