Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the touring have a compass that displays while not in navigation? I have read the manual (vague) and have looked for info on the web as well and can't find an answer. Yes, while in navi there is a compass "icon" in the top left but not a letter description of the direction.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
121 Posts
i dont know about navi units but there's one at the top right of the imid screen no matter what page ur on.

I had to go thru the software and reset... instructions on here somewhere.

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
Does the touring have a compass that displays while not in navigation? I have read the manual (vague) and have looked for info on the web as well and can't find an answer. Yes, while in navi there is a compass "icon" in the top left but not a letter description of the direction.
That's the only compass that I know of on the Touring and although it doesn't show the letter designations NSEW, the red arrow is always pointing north.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
i dont know about navi units but there's one at the top right of the imid screen no matter what page ur on.

I had to go thru the software and reset... instructions on here somewhere.
Not on NAV units. The only compass is in the nav screen.

That's the only compass that I know of on the Touring and although it doesn't show the letter designations NSEW, the red arrow is always pointing north.
Correct. There are 3 different ways to set up the compass though...it depends what view mode you are using on the NAV. You can change the views in the menu.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
My non-NAV V6 has a compass on the iMID screen at all times. Yours probably does too.
Same for my EX-L I4. Upper right IIRC.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
My non-NAV V6 has a compass on the iMID screen at all times. Yours probably does too.
Assuming OP has American Touring, all American Touring's have NAV, so this would not apply.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
My EX L has the compass but it only shows the heading within 30 degrees and true North There is a map in the owners manual showing the amount of variation to correct the compass based upon where you are driving along with instructions on how to swing the compass. Unless you live in the extreme North Western part of North America your compass will only be off a few degrees.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have an American touring. I appreciate the responses, that were related to my question regarding the Touring. Sounds like the only way to get a compass reading is by being in the navi screen. No big deal but would have been nice to see it in other screens as
well.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
As an aside, are you navigating by compass heading like Charles Lindbergh or something? I mean you have a NAV system! I guess you could turn that off and then look at the stars and navigate that way too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As an aside, are you navigating by compass heading like Charles Lindbergh or something? I mean you have a NAV system! I guess you could turn that off and then look at the stars and navigate that way too.
As an aside, don't be a d!ck. It was a question I had that didn't warrant a response like that from you.
Our pilot touring has the compass direction displayed while not in the nav screen so thought I would see if I was missing something on my car. Simple enough.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
He did say he drives a lot with the Nav screen off:thumbsup:

Sorry, that was cdx008 that said that, not the OP.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
As an aside, don't be a d!ck. It was a question I had that didn't warrant a response like that from you.
Our pilot touring has the compass direction displayed while not in the nav screen so thought I would see if I was missing something on my car. Simple enough.

Simple enough indeed! Sorry for getting your feathers rustled. Have a good one.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Go into the diagnostics menu ..... On the iMid select the bottom tab and then select region then select your region, it should then bring up the compass on the iMid, because my EX didn't have a compass till I selected my region then it appeared..... Not saying it's gonna work but it's work a try :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts