Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking for a way to display some info from my K Tuner and other devices in my Accord coupe in a neat and factory-looking way, So that led me to wonder if there is some simple (or not so simple) way to tap into the video signal of the GPS screen to do that. Also, does anyone know what the display size is? I ask because I was also potentially considering taking the GPS unit out of the enclosure and installing a display of the same size in the enclosure, that is compatible with my aftermarket Kenwood head unit's video output. That way I could display whatever I wanted up there but still have it look factory in place of the stock display Just as a second Idea in case I can't figure out a way to retain and use the factory GPS screen. I know there's probably a lot of uncharted territory in this question but I would just like any thoughts, Ideas, or suggestions/guidance to help me out. With the aftermarket head unit installed the original display is just blank and black not being used so I figured this could be a very cool way to find a use for it if I can get everything to work.

V6 Supremacist 馃槑
Victus - 2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)
I was searching about this the other day. Best thing I could find is people who put a new unit in place of that upper screen.

Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
Is the 8th gen nav unit controlled by a unit in the trunk like the 7th gen? The pioneer unit in the 7th gen is generic, lots of vehicles used it, and it has unused features, including external video feed. You just need to hook up a CCTV camera to the right pin and a trigger wire, and you can have a backup camera on your nav unit (I've done it on my 7th gen, it works great).

The 8th gen also uses a pioneer unit, presumably it also has unused camera feeds that you could hijack and manually trigger if you wanted.

V6 Supremacist 馃槑
Victus - 2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)
Is the 8th gen nav unit controlled by a unit in the trunk like the 7th gen? The pioneer unit in the 7th gen is generic, lots of vehicles used it, and it has unused features, including external video feed. You just need to hook up a CCTV camera to the right pin and a trigger wire, and you can have a backup camera on your nav unit (I've done it on my 7th gen, it works great).

The 8th gen also uses a pioneer unit, presumably it also has unused camera feeds that you could hijack and manually trigger if you wanted.
You're probably right, seeing as how Honda added a backup camera to the NAVI models post-facelift for the 8th gen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts