Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2019 HAH Touring and have the issue at 32-37mph (hard to pin when it happens, usually never sit at these speeds) and all the time at 52-53 mph. Cold weather seems to make the noise louder but even on 50-60 degree days it is annoying. Seems to be mostly the front foot well speakers making the noise, when the daughter is in the back seat she says she doesn't notice it while its very distracting up front to me and the wife.

Took my car to the dealership back in October for rattle in the rear deck and brought the TSB for the rear deck rattle and the TSB for droning noise and they fixed the deck and confirmed they could hear the droning noise and confirmed its a problem (they tested by disconnecting the audio, they also were able to check like we can by cracking the window to make the noise stop immediately).

Setup an appointment in early Nov and they checked the mics in the headliner and found no issues with them - the insulation on them was fine. They were in contact with Honda but they were not able to suggest anything that could fix the issue. I took my car back with word from the dealer that they would monitor the issue on their end and call me as soon as they had any updates.

Fast forward to a few days ago - fed up that I haven't heard anything I called Honda direct and they said they had a 'fix' (sounded exactly like the same TSB we have, with the addition to use a tack/pin to insert into the mic to ensure there is nothing blocking the mic). Honda said I need to setup an appointment with the dealer so they can attempt this "fix" with a tack/pin. Today I took my car in to be worked on - Honda dealership checked the mics again and performed this procedure to make sure the mic passageways are clear. This did not fix the issue. The dealership has no idea what to do- they are waiting on word from Honda- who also has no idea what to do.

Service Manager said he will be contacting his local Honda rep and trying to get some kind of information for me - even if its that i should hear back from them within 1week-2 months(wtf?).

I asked if they could disconnect the ANC for me to stop the noise while they try to figure out a fix. The drive home was nice and quiet - no issues now that the ANC is disconnected. As far as i know disconnecting the ANC also results in losing some other functionality but im not sure what that is.

Oct-Feb - 3 visits - one a confirmation and two basically doing the same thing and the dealer telling me Honda has nothing new to try - cross fingers and wait an undetermined amount of time.

Not sure how to proceed from here. Going to give the dealer a week to respond with the update from the Honda rep before I start pushing again. Since this issue started within the first year of ownership and we are going to be going into visit #3 or 4 depending on how you count the confirmation visit. Pretty sure I have a lemon law case if I need the nuclear option.

Grr

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 HAH Touring and have the issue at 32-37mph (hard to pin when it happens, usually never sit at these speeds) and all the time at 52-53 mph. Cold weather seems to make the noise louder but even on 50-60 degree days it is annoying. Seems to be mostly the front foot well speakers making the noise, when the daughter is in the back seat she says she doesn't notice it while its very distracting up front to me and the wife.

Took my car to the dealership back in October for rattle in the rear deck and brought the TSB for the rear deck rattle and the TSB for droning noise and they fixed the deck and confirmed they could hear the droning noise and confirmed its a problem (they tested by disconnecting the audio, they also were able to check like we can by cracking the window to make the noise stop immediately).

Setup an appointment in early Nov and they checked the mics in the headliner and found no issues with them - the insulation on them was fine. They were in contact with Honda but they were not able to suggest anything that could fix the issue. I took my car back with word from the dealer that they would monitor the issue on their end and call me as soon as they had any updates.

Fast forward to a few days ago - fed up that I haven't heard anything I called Honda direct and they said they had a 'fix' (sounded exactly like the same TSB we have, with the addition to use a tack/pin to insert into the mic to ensure there is nothing blocking the mic). Honda said I need to setup an appointment with the dealer so they can attempt this "fix" with a tack/pin. Today I took my car in to be worked on - Honda dealership checked the mics again and performed this procedure to make sure the mic passageways are clear. This did not fix the issue. The dealership has no idea what to do- they are waiting on word from Honda- who also has no idea what to do.

Service Manager said he will be contacting his local Honda rep and trying to get some kind of information for me - even if its that i should hear back from them within 1week-2 months(wtf?).

I asked if they could disconnect the ANC for me to stop the noise while they try to figure out a fix. The drive home was nice and quiet - no issues now that the ANC is disconnected. As far as i know disconnecting the ANC also results in losing some other functionality but im not sure what that is.

Oct-Feb - 3 visits - one a confirmation and two basically doing the same thing and the dealer telling me Honda has nothing new to try - cross fingers and wait an undetermined amount of time.

Not sure how to proceed from here. Going to give the dealer a week to respond with the update from the Honda rep before I start pushing again. Since this issue started within the first year of ownership and we are going to be going into visit #3 or 4 depending on how you count the confirmation visit. Pretty sure I have a lemon law case if I need the nuclear option.

Grr
I have the same problem with 2020 Accord Hybrid. Taking it to the dealer next week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Apparently there are two noise issues with the 10th gen Honda Accord Hybrids.

One is some kind of ANC feedback problem. This apparently happens in the 50-60 MPH range. I haven't experienced that because I disconnected ANC, but I have seen the Youtube videos.

The other is a drivetrain noise where something in the engine compartment makes a clicking clacking sound. This sound can sometimes vary from an sounding like a random rough idle sound to a violent shuddering sound. This noise seems to occur at low speeds below 30 MPH. Sometimes you can feel the vibrations in the gas pedal. This is the problem I have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
PajamaSneaky, were you able to get a fix for you clicking clacking sound in your engine bay? I have a 2018 Accord Hybrid Touring and I am getting the same sounds you we’re when driving under 30mph

·
Registered
6 Posts
PajamaSneaky, were you able to get a fix for you clicking clacking sound in your engine bay? I have a 2018 Accord Hybrid Touring and I am getting the same sounds you we’re when driving under 30mph
Nope. It is less pronounced in the warm weather. I was planning to take it to the dealer again when it gets colder, and then drive them around to demonstrate. I doubt they will have a fix for it though.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Grr
Does anyone have any updates on fixes to this issue? I have a 2018 HAH Touring that has experienced the droning issue occasionally at exactly 53 mph. I hadn't heard it in a while so I thought it magically fixed itself. It happened again the other day and I realized it only occurs for me when there is someone in the passenger seat (haven't had many passengers lately). Hoping Honda has figured something out before I try going back to the dealer.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts