Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Can you let me know if this normal noise for Outer Tie Rod or Inner Tie Rod? Videos and photos below

If this is not normal noise, what should I replace?

Both sides make exactly the same noise, which makes me think that it is normal.

Please let me know and thank you,

Ildasm

Videos

1) Left Side - First Video

2) Left Side - Second Video

3) Right Side - First Video
Photos

Automotive tire Tread Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle part

Automotive tire Wood Gas Water Bumper

·
Love my VCM!!!
42 Posts
Kind of is but..... They do make a noise like that when at the end of their rotation but yours look very loose and look like they rotate very easily. They should be firm and have resistance to rotation. Not floppy loose. All the grease collected at the base under the boot tends to indicate that they have split boots. Personally I'd replace both. You should really get a wheel alignment after that and your wheel alignment guys will be able to give you a condition report on the steering and suspension.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,647 Posts
^^ This where I'm headed. How loose is the steering wheel? How much play?

Reactions: internalaudit

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thats nothing lol. Mine i can rotate far easily more then yours. Drives fine still. Rotational movement is ok still means there slowly going out but its the up and down play thats disasterous. Those could likely go for another year or so. If you start hearing clunking when turning or if you can move your wheel a couple inches without the steering responding those are the asap swap tie rods. I dont think you should replace yet theres still a few 2-20km left on them IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts