Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got this car, it was my dad's before and he bought it new. I've never seen the ride like this. It looks like the rear is riding low or the front is high. Never seen it before. This with no cargo or passengers in it and 1/2 tank of gas.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
It's normal, remember the front tires have to turn side to side for directional change where the rear tires do not, the additional spacing is to accommodate worst-case suspension travel, i.e. hitting a bad bump when steering wheel is fully turned.

The front wheel gap likely doesn't need to be as much in real life, however Honda is just playing safe to ensure customers don't complain about rubbing the front tires on fender lips.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's normal, remember the front tires have to turn side to side for directional change where the rear tires do not, the additional spacing is to accommodate worst-case suspension travel, i.e. hitting a bad bump when steering wheel is fully turned.

The front wheel gap likely doesn't need to be as much in real life, however Honda is just playing safe to ensure customers don't complain about rubbing the front tires on fender lips.
Makes sense, but neither of us have seen it that bad nor have I seen it like that on other accords. I would think that either the rear shocks are going bad or the front ones are getting retarded.

·
Registered
274 Posts
My car sits exactly like this when I bought it at 56k miles.

It now has 112,000 and the stance hasn't changed. For a while I thought the rear suspension was shot. Perhaps it's normal?

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Shocks or struts would have nothing to do with the ride height. The ride height is controlled by the springs. Unless there is a broken spring in the rear suspension.

Reactions: jimijam

·
Registered
55 Posts
mine sits like that as well. I think its normal, i wouldnt worry about it. hows the suspension? does it feel bouncy if not - dont worry about it..

·
New Yorker at heart
134 Posts
I say it's pretty much normal to look like that but I will ask when was the last time you had your car looked at?

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts
A larger gap over the front tires is normal, but yours looks way more pronounced than mine does ;

·
Registered
864 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts