Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if everyone's car does this or not. Mine only has 300 miles on it and has been garaged since new, but this plastic around the sun load sensor is popping up. It seems to warp up more when it's out in the sun, then settles back down but never flat like it should be.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Just checked and mine is flush. Have you noticed that on some Accords where the rear bumper meets the quarter panel it will bow out slightly when it's really hot and return to form when things cool off? I'm sure someone will come along and explain the proper correlation between the heat and the plastic. The dealer will probably tell you both are perfectly normal but with only 300 miles I'd definitely have them check it out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I found the same thing couple weeks after I got the car. Brought to the dealer and they replaced the part. It is a easy fix.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you tried pressing down on it? Perhaps it just needs to be snapped down into place.
Yeah, I pushed it down and it laid flush, but then popped back up soon after. It's like the clips that should hold it down don't have enough tension on them or something.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found the same thing couple weeks after I got the car. Brought to the dealer and they replaced the part. It is a easy fix.
Cool, thanks, glad to know the dealer was willing to fix yours - I was worried I'd take it in and they wouldn't be since it doesn't affect anything and is just cosmetic. I will try that when I take mine in for the wind noise TSB.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The build quality on these things is frustrating at times. And people wonder why no one buys american manufactured products. Mine is flat. But the dealer should be able to fix yours no problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts