Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
So I ordered led interior light kit from amazon.com and I tried to install them myself figuring it was pretty simple and after watching a few youtube videos on how to do it yourself so I tried and guess nothing would go wrong. I installed the ones in the doors without any issues and it worked so I moved onto the map lights I installed one and it was working so I tried the second one I managed to get it in but then it would not light up shortly the onr that was workin turned off and now it does not work not even the dome light! I put the stock bulbs back in and still not lighting up guys what should I do? They do not work amore map & dome....anyone have any info on what went wrong or how to get it fixed? Please if anyone knows pleaae help. Thanks a lot

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Check your fuses, can't recall which on, but should be labelled, int. light or something like that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should i go to the dealership? I mean I am a noob...how much you think the dealership would charge for this?

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
No need to go to the dealership lol

Open up your hood, access the fusebox and take out the puller tool (it's a little white tool)

Go into the drivers footwell, toward the left you will see an array of fuses as well as a table listing out each fuse.

It's pretty straight forward. I don't know how much a dealership would charge, they're likely to say it would be a 30 min job, so anywhere between $40 to $60.

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
The fuse you want to replace should be under the hood.
You sure about that? I've always had interior light fuses in the driver's side foot well, never under the hood.

·
Marcus
156 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I panicked for a bit but then hunted down the fuse to check it. I'm more than positive it's located under the hood, though. Replace that and you should be golden. Enjoy your new LEDs and bask in their brightness.

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I panicked for a bit but then hunted down the fuse to check it. I'm more than positive it's located under the hood, though. Replace that and you should be golden. Enjoy your new LEDs and bask in their brightness.
Thanks for confirming, having blown an interior light fuse since owning a civic lol
Guess they aren't located in the same spot lol

Just do it yourself, being under the hood, the fuse is even easier to access and identify.

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
In the fuse box under your hood, there will be a replacement fuse of the appropriate amperage. It's better however to buy a new fuse so you don't need to use the spare. You can buy replacement fuses in sets in many automotive stores like autozone, or advance auto parts, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha thanks guys for the help I figured it out and it took less than 1 minute for the fix it was very easy lol and I was going to go to the dealer to get it checked out imagine how much they would of charged me. Thanks a bunch problem solved:banana:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts