Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Silver

Votes: 5 35.7%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 NHB coupe sadly has a bad case of delamination and it is time for a paint job. I love NHB but if you were me and you could change it to one of the other colors what would you suggest?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Paint it the same color or get a different colored car

Although I like black, silver has a slight advantage for me

Never liked white cars

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh alright I didn't realize changing the color would be that much more if they had strip it anyway but i guess it does make sense. thanks for the input.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My 03 NHB coupe sadly has a bad case of delamination and it is time for a paint job. I love NHB but if you were me and you could change it to one of the other colors what would you suggest?
I'd keep the same OEM color. Most body shop will not repaint every metal parts of the car so if you change color, it will show that it has been repainted. Using the same color, if and when you decide to sell it, it has better value than a car with different color (like engine bay, inside the trunk and under carriage).

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,649 Posts
I repainted my NBP Accord Blue myself. I wasn't going to spend $3-4k to have the car painted professionally, when the car is not worth much more than that at this point. You have to remove ALL the clear coat, or the paint you put on top will peel off with the clear coat that remains. No, I didn't paint inside the door jambs or under the hood etc. The car is 10 years old, with over 100k miles on it, so I doubt the un-painted door jambs is going to make that much difference in value. I'm not planning to sell the car any time soon anyway. It definitely looks better now, than it did with peeling clear all over. If I was going to do all that work, I was going to paint it a color I wanted, and I had grown to hate the Black. There is one person on this forum who has convinced Honda to pay for part of his new paint job, so you might want to look into that. I figured that would not work, so I didn't even try. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

·
Fail Zero bcg
536 Posts
the nhb will cost a few $ more as it has that blue metal flake in it. I really liked mine as not every black car has the blue in it. Stick with the black

·
'03 E39 Sport - 5 Spd
1,060 Posts
I say White because it looks good on any car, but is a PITA to keep clean. Silver is also a very good color because it usually looks clean even when its dirty.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the input guys. yea i talked to the guy that is painting my car and it would be a lot more to change colors so F-it no big deal NHB looks nice either way.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What exactly is delamination? Does a layer of the paint peel off? Do you have any pictures of this?

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you change your color it will look like crap unless you do it right....door jams, trunk and engine bay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts