Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got back today from having some service done on the Accord, including the airbag recall, and noticed something a bit odd on the inspection checklist. Apparently the tread on my tires magically got deeper. They probably just BS the checklist. Doesn't surprise me. - That, or my tires are wearing unevenly

Attachments

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,455 Posts
Not "magic tires", just the "illusion" of an inspection. The question you should be asking yourself is , what else do they not do? Have you ever paid these people to do a brake fluid flush? That would likely be an illusion too, and be done in less than 5 minutes.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. This dealership isn't the greatest in the world, but they haven't done anything to make me stop going there. Only thing that pisses me off a bit, is that they wash every car they service. It doesn't matter if you threaten or scream at the service adviser to NOT wash your car, they always wash it. They do a terrible job, too. not only that, they wash it before it gets serviced. So usually, I see greasy finger prints all over my hood. The ONLY reason why it doesn't piss me off too much, is because it isn't a new car and our Accord isn't exactly immaculate anyway.

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
with higher psi, those tires magically stretch a little more which decreases tread depth. happens all the time ;)
THIS.. as for the wash, they don't have to wash the car. In fact, they should be happy they're saving some time in not washing the car. Put it on the work order and make a sign for your steering wheel. My car does not get washed at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Just curious. Does the replacement air bag on the steering wheel look the same meaning does the color match....match.....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just curious. Does the replacement air bag on the steering wheel look the same meaning does the color match....match.....
I don't think they replace the entire air bag. What they did, was take it out, and replace the inflator. My steering wheel looks exactly the same. I had a blemish just below the "H" emblem, which is still there.

Attachments

·
HK Moderator
14,061 Posts
I have a tread depth gauge ($2 when I picked it up at Tire Rack in Indiana) and most of the time you will get different readings on the very same tire depending on which groove (the center grooves vs. the outlining grooves) you measure.

But my money is on what BLCKFLSH alluded to. Just laziness....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a tread depth gauge ($2 when I picked it up at Tire Rack in Indiana) and most of the time you will get different readings on the very same tire depending on which groove (the center grooves vs. the outlining grooves) you measure.

Good point. I certainly see why people choose to DIY.

·
I detail my car, a lot.
783 Posts
Never get your car washed at the dealer, they're called dealer installed scratches for a reason. I once watched the kid washing the cars do at least 5 cars all with one bucket, it an evil world out there for paint!

·
03-SSM-AV6-6MT
1,018 Posts
I watch my NYSI get done. I don't go to the dealer because of the wait time. I go to a local shop and watch it performed. I inspect my car myself before having it done because I don't want to pay $37 2x.

I only trust mechanics I know personally.

·
Registered
841 Posts

absolutely true. we usually use this information to begin investigating alignment issues. for instance if someone is concerned about a pull, the first this i look at is the tire wear. iv seen bald on one side and 7/32 on the other. LOL makes me wonder how long they drove sideways down the road.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts