Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the rv6 j pipe come with a pre cat delete, all i see is 2 tiny cats, are those the only ones, do i need a test pipe?

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
does the rv6 j pipe come with a pre cat delete, all i see is 2 tiny cats, are those the only ones, do i need a test pipe?
Those are not tiny Cat's. They are Flexible exhaust piping so the exhaust can bend with acceleration. It's a very nice Addition to his product.

Rv6 J-pipe does not have a Cat, that's the Reason it's called a Long tube J-pipe, it completely removes the Cat. The tubes are extended to match the exhaust down pipe without the Cat being there.

·
Electro-Motive
462 Posts
The J pipe doesn't come with the pre cat deletes, they are a separate item, it deletes the 3rd catalytic converter. Your car will still have catalytic converters on the motor unless you buy the pre cat deletes which I don't think are available yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
OOOOooo.......so there are no cats at all?
just to clarify even though im repeating what most have said....

there are 3 cats in your accord, the first 2 are before the j-pipe. Pre-cat delete (PCDs) remove these first 2 and are sold separate from the long tube J-pipe. the 3rd cat however is after the OEM j-pipe and the RV6 jpipe is extended (hence the term long tube), thus deleting the 3rd cat. Look on RV6's site or search the original thread if you need additional info...

There are other manufacturers (i.e ATLP) who do standard j-pipe systems that dont delete the 3rd cat and require a test pipe separately if you want it gone.

Just put my RV6 J-pipe on order :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just to clarify even though im repeating what most have said....

there are 3 cats in your accord, the first 2 are before the j-pipe. Pre-cat delete (PCDs) remove these first 2 and are sold separate from the long tube J-pipe. the 3rd cat however is after the OEM j-pipe and the RV6 jpipe is extended (hence the term long tube), thus deleting the 3rd cat. Look on RV6's site or search the original thread if you need additional info...

There are other manufacturers (i.e ATLP) who do standard j-pipe systems that dont delete the 3rd cat and require a test pipe separately if you want it gone.

Just put my RV6 J-pipe on order :)
thanks, i just need more clarifying

·
Fails at Internets
91 Posts
Think I'll probably go for the XLR8 J-pipe and HPC. No PCD's. I don't want to deal with rasp or odor (not to mention more emissions hassle). The PCD's are a big performance win, but the test pipe only gives about 1 horse over a high flow cat.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I heard from my guy say that J-pipe will make really loud sound ? Any one stay in CA got pulled over bcoz of this Jpipe before? I got Megan OE-RS and wanna modify it wif Jpipe.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I heard from my guy say that J-pipe will make really loud sound ? Any one stay in CA got pulled over bcoz of this Jpipe before? I got Megan OE-RS and wanna modify it wif Jpipe.
Actually..... the RV6 Jpipe with the cat delete mellows out the sound... Actually it more livable with the Jpipe... there is a lot less drone in the car... I ran about 2 weeks with my car with only cat-back.... It was almost unlivable in the car at 120km/h... now.. I can actually carry a conversation with someone in tha car.. Also since all my mods... I actually run at 7.6 l/100km which comes out to about 31.5 mpg highway!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
will the car still pass inspection without the cat? is there any side effects to not having one with the jpipe?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts