Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
7th gen accord 2dr
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 05 accord coupe v6 3.0 vtec, my mom has a 06 honda oddesy that has a 3.5 vtec v6.
Ive been thinking about swaping the ecu but im not sure what would happen because the 3.5 v6 has an eco mode where when you are barly on the gas or braking an eco light will light up in the cluster and that means the engine shut off three cyl to be more effenciant. i dont know what would happen to my engine if i put that ecu into my car and my ecu into my moms van.
does anybody know?

·
Banned
13,098 Posts
1) Don't ever swap out ECUs from non-alike Hondas. They may be "plug" but they sure as heck won't be "play".

2) You have an immobilizer in each vehicle. You swap ECUs and neither Honda will start.

3) An ECU is not like a battery cable. It is a VERY precise and programmed instrument to operate your Honda. It knows how many doors you have- it knows the shift points, it knows the air/fuel mixture....heck, it knows your keys. You mess with that and you will regret it.

Just out of curiosity, what the heck are you trying to do here?

·
7th gen accord 2dr
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, it was just a ceriousity. cause my friend with the same motor is planning to swap a j32 ecu into his so he doesnt have the speed limiter/ govenor. so hes able to pass 135mph.
i wanted to see if i can get more air/fuel ratio and etc.

·
Banned
13,098 Posts
Some members here that have experience with tuning may recommend a few things. In my past cars (non-Honda), it became as simple as plugging a laptop in and programming things.

You may want to look at the forum's intake/upgrade posts. There are a few things you can do to get a little more performance out of the V6. But remember:
Fast, cheap, or reliable......pick two.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
The only ECU even worth CONSIDERING swapping (re-pin) is the TL-S, for tuning on Hondata, and even that is a reckless idea. And your mother is just going to let you disassemble her vehicle? And when are you (or your friend) ever going to go over 135?

·
Banned
13,098 Posts
And your mother is just going to let you disassemble her vehicle? And when are you (or your friend) ever going to go over 135?
At the risk of over-stepping my bounds here: Any "friend" who would take your mother's ECU out of her Honda to do 135 mph+ in his own ride is no friend and is a future statistic.

Your ma carried you for 9 months....be nice to her.:notworthy

·
Roll Tide!
6,793 Posts
my friend with the same motor is planning to swap a j32 ecu into his so he doesnt have the speed limiter/ govenor. so hes able to pass 135mph.
your friend is an idiot. recommend you go buy a black suit to wear at his funeral. if you are trying to hit 135 in your car, get a will.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts