Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be a dumb question but I put a j37 throttle body on a j35 intake manifold because the j37 had a butterfly valve so I used the j35 and didn’t get throttle repsonse. Do I need a j37 manifold without the butterfly valve?

· 3.7L 2010 Accord Swap
2010 Accord EXL
31 Posts
Just my thoughts - but if you put a larger throttle body onto any recent design engine that has been tuned for maximized flow efficiency by engineers that do that kind of thing to squeeze 1 or 2 hp more with every effort or small tweak - then changing the flow characteristics in one small segment of that entire flow path will disrupt that maximized efficiency.

You might get a small gain here or there - but you may end up with losses elsewhere that are larger than the insignificant gains you might have made.

In other words - you might not see any gains unless you increase the demands of the engine (i.e. larger ports/valves, performance cams and exhaust.)

Just my .02

· V6 Supremacist, but not as good as WiiMaster
Pair of 8th Gen Sedans - V6 & I4
256 Posts
^ ^ ^ Yes, this, the song of my people.
In other words - you might not see any gains unless you increase the demands of the engine (i.e. larger ports/valves, performance cams and exhaust.)
I see this so often ... small gains in a couple isolated parts of the powerband, with losses all over the major parts of the RPM vs. hp curve.

OF

1 - 3 of 3 Posts