Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Aspiring Tuner
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok before you jump down my throat i do want to note that I do have or....WILL have...JDM engine...so this wouldnt be some ricey looking car also would be adding some japanese effects to the car and subtracting US looks and accessories......but we all know they didnt make the 6th gen in Japan...Question is would it look ok? yes yes i kno at the end of the day its still my opinion but I want you alls opinion. Do you think itd look pretty nice? Heres a pic if you dont know what it would look like...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...ei=5qQvTfmREIfMgQe-8qBa&sqi=2&ved=0CBoQ9QEwAA

itd be black lettering instead of green..... Id also put it down in the bottom driver side bumper area to add the effect. dunno what id put on it yet..nothin weird like my name or crazy letters...itd look pretty real...(thing is it IS authentic)....

BOTTOM LINE....YES OR NO??

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
IMO, no. its like people putting on euro plates and then a US plate on top of it.

but like you said, in the end its up to you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
^what nodrog said, unless you dont have a front license it would be ok but if your state requires the front plate by law, i wouldnt even bother. although its a nice touch =D

·
Aspiring Tuner
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for your opinion and valid reason to back it up

·
Aspiring Tuner
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^what nodrog said, unless you dont have a front license it would be ok but if your state requires the front plate by law, i wouldnt even bother. although its a nice touch =D
yeah id be putting it on the front bumper off to the side not dead center

·
Aspiring Tuner
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh if you were saying if i need the US plate out front then...no i dont believe so...I dont believe id need my US one out front...It does require a PLATE out front but not sure about custom or not..if anything id just put my US plate number on my Jap plate to save me trouble...lol

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
No, but maybe I'm bias because I'm Korean. :paranoid:

·
Reverse Gear
779 Posts
No, keep that front clean, do not junk it up.

·
Banned
294 Posts
Ok before you jump down my throat i do want to note that I do have or....WILL have...JDM engine...so this wouldnt be some ricey looking car also would be adding some japanese effects to the car and subtracting US looks and accessories......but we all know they didnt make the 6th gen in Japan...Question is would it look ok? yes yes i kno at the end of the day its still my opinion but I want you alls opinion. Do you think itd look pretty nice? Heres a pic if you dont know what it would look like...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...ei=5qQvTfmREIfMgQe-8qBa&sqi=2&ved=0CBoQ9QEwAA

itd be black lettering instead of green..... Id also put it down in the bottom driver side bumper area to add the effect. dunno what id put on it yet..nothin weird like my name or crazy letters...itd look pretty real...(thing is it IS authentic)....

BOTTOM LINE....YES OR NO??
YES and tell everyone else it's 'YOUR final answer, take it or leave it'.. the actual bottom line is your car was made with Japanese minds and Japanese thinking even-though it *is* a car. you'll soon realize your 'Accept it and Move on' stance will rub off...

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
It's hit or miss really. If you're doing the JDM engine swap I think it'd be a neat effect, only problem is 99% of the people who see your car don't know that and will just think you have some weird plate.

My buddy put a fake one on his Integra, which was 100% NOT JDM, so it was dorky, but he likes it. It's on his STI now.

My other friend put his onto his STI, then onto his new metalicy STI, then bought back his blue one and put it back on, ha.

Anyway, do it if you like it, no big dealio. :)

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Aspiring Tuner
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's hit or miss really. If you're doing the JDM engine swap I think it'd be a neat effect, only problem is 99% of the people who see your car don't know that and will just think you have some weird plate.
thats exactly what i was thinkin..others wont know...but then again?..ahh idk...itd look pretty silly to others seeing as how they have no idea that i have a JDM swap goin on..so itd almost be pretty pointless...and if what he said is true that Texas requires front TEXAS plate then its def pointless...i guess ill just get a custom TX plate.... but thanx for everyones opinions and no one bein a complete "ssa" about it...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
thats exactly what i was thinkin..others wont know...but then again?..ahh idk...itd look pretty silly to others seeing as how they have no idea that i have a JDM swap goin on..so itd almost be pretty pointless...and if what he said is true that Texas requires front TEXAS plate then its def pointless...i guess ill just get a custom TX plate.... but thanx for everyones opinions and no one bein a complete "ssa" about it...
Just curious, how come you do not know if Texas requires a front license plate and you live there, shouldn't that be an important law to know considering you have a car? Also, I vote against the JDM plate either way.

·
Aspiring Tuner
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats not what i stated.....I stated that if texas requires a front TEXAS plate....not just a front plate...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
thats not what i stated.....I stated that if texas requires a front TEXAS plate....not just a front plate...
I'm sorry, I wasn't specific enough but that was what I meant a front TEXAS plate. I don't know if I'm misreading it but from my understanding you do not know if TEXAS requires a TEXAS license plate hence my question. Sorry if I misunderstood what you said though.

·
Aspiring Tuner
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well as far as a front TEXAS plate how am i supposed to know if i never use anything but??...plus i cudnt find it online and there are plenty of other states that could care less so i thought id check it out

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
well as far as a front TEXAS plate how am i supposed to know if i never use anything but??...plus i cudnt find it online and there are plenty of other states that could care less so i thought id check it out
I'm a little lost on this response but a good way to know if it is a law is just looking at a majority of vehicles with Texas licenses plates and see if they are on the front and rear. Texas will not give you 2 identical Texas licenses plates if they only require 1 Texas license plate. Even if they aren't strict about it, it is still the law either way. I am pretty sure this law is stated somewhere in some driving handbook from Texas that is required to be read in order to take your permit exam...

Also a quick search brought me this:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/misc/faq/faq_item.htm

This should take away any uncertainty now.

·
coupe09
237 Posts
i have a european plate from greece lol. it looks good imo.

165130_1379721993020_1831035721_684462_6805717_nikoa.jpg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts