Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Turbo lag
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what is the OCI that Jiffy Lube uses in their little window sticker? I did a quick Google search and the result between their different regional sites shows some conflicting information.

I assume it's 3000miles because their main site specifies "You can return to Jiffy Lube anytime within 3000 miles of your service for a free top-off of your motor oil", but on that same page it also says that "It used to be that drivers were told to change their oil every three months or 3,000 miles. But with more sophisticated vehicles and new oil formulations, this “one-size-fits-all” approach to how often to change oil may no longer apply. "

No need for any in-depth discussion on lube shop or OCI or MM, etc. I'm just trying to determine if friend's 15' EX-L is burning oil significantly or not since it was more than a qt low when I checked it last weekend and had to top it off.

· Honda Enthusiast
I drive a BMW now. 🇩🇪
3,852 Posts
I used Valvoline Instant Oil Change 15+ years ago and they printed 3K intervals on their stickers. I haven’t used a line shop since, but they can print anything on those.

· Turbo lag
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but they can print anything on those.
That's kinda what I figured. Might just have to monitor for the next few thousand miles on the next OCI before a definitive answer can be generated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts