Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here she is. I realized of the time Ive been here I havent posted a full view pic of my Accord. So without further ado....

My 05 Ex 2.4L AT satin silver metallic, beautiful.

In all honesty, I owe the previous owner of my vehicle a little thanks. With the few minor mods he did, he made the car stand out a little more and inspired me to take it ALOT futher lol

Stay tuned for more, soon. Got alot of catching up to do with the few mods Ive already taken care of and alot "TO DO" pics coming too.

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
Looks good, definitely get us more info on your current mods ad planned mods.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Looks great! Similar to my 04 Accord.

And damn, I wish it was legal to tint the front windshield in my state :( lol.

·
I detail my car, a lot.
651 Posts

If it makes you feel better tinting your full windshield is illegal in OK too. :lmao: Shhhhhh

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts

If it makes you feel better tinting your full windshield is illegal in OK too. :lmao: Shhhhhh
It's probably illegal in most places ... the pic is at night guys ...:dunno:

John - welcome again to DA mate, it'll be interesting to see "Baby" evolve over time.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
It's probably illegal in most places ... the pic is at night guys ...:dunno:

John - welcome again to DA mate, it'll be interesting to see "Baby" evolve over time.
Lol you're right it is illegal in my state to tint the front windshield I checked :( :D.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well for this little Honda's story...
I was without a vehicle for a few months after a recent wreck and breakup with the ex-gf. I found her through the Cars.com app after a few weeks of research, knowing I wanted an Accord. On christmas eve when I got to the car lot to test drive her, as soon as I got in the drivers seat, and it was already set for my ride, I knew I would be taking it home that day.
That evening, when I was taking a joyride in my new car I discovered the Super White Led strips the previous owner had installed under the vehicle and every other bulb in the vehicle had been changed to LED..the strips were worn and corroded after seeing a couple miles so I decided to change those out.

That was the first fun discovery and work I put in on Baby. Something fairly easy to work on considering, I piggybacked the new strips off the old wires that were run to the plugs under the vehicle and run from the door switch. Hence, lights only come on when doors are unlocked with remote and/or doors opened. They're a real head-turner.
I got a little LED crazy for a minute and with no stock floorboard lights...TaDaaa

I've got plans to install a TSX IM, which is due to arrive from eBay tomorrow afternoon, I'll probably wait till my next weekend from work so I can have most of the day to get it installed just in case. After that I see myself getting some good beats installed along the lines of a kicker substation, then probably a Megan strtut tower bar, maybe a Wingtech rear deck spoiler, some Spyder or Spec-D headlights w/halo and projectors.

Curious about how to do fogs with no fog light mount holes, there are different led foglights that fit in the grill, then there is the right way but I'm wondering how they would look either way.
Everytime I start talking about working on the car I start getting hyped and ready to do work, or go for a drive.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts
^ the puddle lights are a nice touch - especially since they only come on with the unlock and door open - kudos

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update:
Guess what I almost did today!
I had all intentions of getting the paint and cleaning out of the way but it was 100 degrees all day while I was at work. When I got home at 6:30 and even now it has dropped to a brisk 98 degrees. My poor Baby is bogging so bad right now on take -off because I'm blasting the AC. Thank God the coolant system is keeping up. I think I will give it a day or two before I venture outside to clean, prime and paint my new IM. I hear there will be a "cold front" sweeping through the state soon bring us down to about 90!

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright Ladies and Germs, can you feel it now? Sanded, cleaned, and first coat of primer is on. Any luck and the rain will stay away, although I REALLY want it to rain, and I will have a fully newly painted intake manifold ready to throw on in the morning for my Monday errands!

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So Im updating my thread since I placed my finished product from The TSX IM install on another thread. So heres a short description of my newest hapiness and a couple pics.
By the way, when you get more power out of your car like I have recently, you find your gas goes a little faster.
Note to self: keep your foot out of it. (YEAH RIGHT)

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
head issues

So I ordered a TSX OBX header from someone on Ebay on Friday. Thought I was good to go, waiting till this weekend to install. Well I get some jacked up email from the seller saying I was refunded my money. WHAT THE F***? Thats a way to do business, not good, just a way.
So since some douche on Ebay doesnt want to sell me a low quality header for too much money, Ill just buy a high quality header for less money. Topspeed has a 2.4L TSX header that is backed by a damn good warranty. So I get my refund cleared with PayPal and I'll be hitting that Buy Now button the next minute. Any questions?

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
No questions but interested to know how it all fits! How do you like the weaponR intake? I had one on my '97 Pathfinder and the fitment was awful, turned me off to them totally. The K&N's I bought for my '01 Pathfinder and '11 Si were excellent so I tend to recommend them to anyone who will listen.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
No questions but interested to know how it all fits! How do you like the weaponR intake? I had one on my '97 Pathfinder and the fitment was awful, turned me off to them totally. The K&N's I bought for my '01 Pathfinder and '11 Si were excellent so I tend to recommend them to anyone who will listen.
Hey crunch sorry its taken me so long to answer been working and trying to get recouped in between all the overtime. Ive got my new Cat from Magnaflow on order hopefully gets here tomorrow so I haven't put on my header yet. I love the Dragon from Weapon-R. The fit was perfect and combined with the TSX intake, I've got a roaring little animal on my hands. Ive got better pickup and response on take off and once I get to about 3500RPM she screams to get out of her way.
I was totally in the dark and considering any short ram before I went with dragon but after reading up on the filters I was sold on the weapon R's for their foam filters that need to be cleaned less often and still provide good HP when they've been on for thw ssame amount of time as KandN. Also the weapon r came with cold air adapter tube when I ordered it through EBay. :banana:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stay Tuned Everybody...my Magnaflows direct-fit cat is coming in this week so I'm preparing to do my Header/cat instal. I already have a muffler shop on call to help mod my exhaust if necessary. :banana: Excited and revved up for it, also have an O2 harness extension on order in case.
As always comments, suggestions are welcome if anybody had any problems doing this or shortcuts I would appreciate knowing. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts