Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Honda Accord Sedan V6 MT, and I just bought the Magnaflow 16685 catback. I want to put a Jpipe on when I put the exhaust on, but I don’t know which one to get. I really don’t want to be drawing a bunch of attention to myself driving down the road, so I don’t know if I should get a Jpipe that I can still use my 3rd cat with, or get one that deletes it.

·
Ken
330 Posts
The Magnaflow cat back is relatively tame in terms of sound levels but if you're really worried about the noise and are set on getting a Jpipe then go with ATLP since it doesn't eliminate the 3rd cat. That way if you decide down the road that you'd like to replace the 3rd cat with a hi-flow, test pipe, or another resonator then you'll have the option to do so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
RV6 makes the best exhaust products for our cars. I have an rv6 jpipe for my 8th gen v6 and the quality is insane. I bought PLM PCDs cause they were $70 cheaper than the RV6 ones, however the PLM PCDS DONT FIT. had to get my jpipe runners cut, rotated and re-welded which ran me an extra $200... I even contacted richie from RV6 cause i thought it was the Jpipe at first but no it was the PLMs. Hes come across the PLM PCDs before cause customers thought they were RV6s but they were not. Fitment is NOT guaranteed by PLM, its a load of bs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed RV6 Pre cat deletes, RV6 V3 Jpipe and Tsudo evo 2 catback exhaust. I had to modify the tsudo catback because it wouldn't bolt on to the Jpipe. Overall the car goes strong after 2nd gear you can feel the difference and the sound is beautiful. I didn't eliminate the resonator cause its already raspy af when you get PCD + jpipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts