Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting a lot of questions and comments about where I live: Juneau, Alaska and obviously there are some misconceptions about AK, just like there are about anywhere in the world, but I'd just like to show you where I live and you can decide for yourself.

I was born in Sacremento, CA but my parents moved to Juneau and that's where I grew up. It's a great little town with a population of about 35,000 spread over a coastal area of about 45 miles. During the summer, we will get about 10,000 tourists everyday from cruise ships. I'll be including LOTS of pictures, of both me (Asiany looking kid), my town and my car(s) (since it's a car forum!).

The temperature in Juneau ranges from an average chilly 10-40*F in the winter with some average snow fall. Here's some pictures of a winter where we didn't get too much snow at all, these are December/January of 2009/10-

And here are some pictures of a winter we got a LOT of snow. Record as a matter of fact.

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

My grandma, sister and dad-

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's some random pictures of my old red Accord along with a bunch of my friends. It was an automatic V6 coupe, with some obvious modifications, but mostly aesthetic. Please keep the hatin' down to a minimum, I learned my lesson and like to think I'm doing much better now with my 7th gen. :)

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And of course here's some extra pictures of my car for you to enjoy.

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I'm done, haha. Comments welcome. :)

·
coupe09
237 Posts
haha wow this was the longest thread ive seen lol. But looks good, I always pictured Alaska as being frozen and isolated all year long. It looks just like down here in the midwest, (except for the mountains of course lol) and it looks like your winters are the same as our chicago winters over here. about 10 to 20 degrees. It gets super cold over here too!

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha wow this was the longest thread ive seen lol. But looks good, I always pictured Alaska as being frozen and isolated all year long. It looks just like down here in the midwest, (except for the mountains of course lol) and it looks like your winters are the same as our chicago winters over here. about 10 to 20 degrees. It gets super cold over here too!
Ha, yeah man. I just wanted to show everybody that we're not up here kickin' it in Igloos!

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
Gotta say i am very impressed with the AK tuner crew... Idk just didnt think there would be as much with how much snow you guys get up there. Sweet pics!

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
Great pics. I drove from NC to Alaska a couple of summers ago. Best road trip ever . . . We went in August. It was beyond beautiful.

The snow doesn't look that bad... My home town on Lake Erie gets any where from 12 - 14 feet of snow. ;)

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
Great pics. I drove from NC to Alaska a couple of summers ago. Best road trip ever . . . We went in August. It was beyond beautiful.

The snow doesn't look that bad... My home town on Lake Erie gets any where from 12 - 14 feet of snow. ;)
DAAAAAMMM! How long did that take?

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gotta say i am very impressed with the AK tuner crew... Idk just didnt think there would be as much with how much snow you guys get up there. Sweet pics!
We're firm believers in daily drivers during the winter :) Haha.

That's a lot of snow, and a way long drive! So far the longest I've done was Moscow, ID to Juneau, AK. It was something like a little over 2000 miles I think. Man my butt hurt sitting that long.

Pictures are very nice and the cars also look good..Alaska is very beautiful
Thanks man.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
really looks beautiful up there...

·
Living Life
492 Posts
Beautiful pictures man, hopefully we'll decrease our contribution to global warming so we can save those mountain tops.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts