Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone out there would help me with a few questions about my new Sport. I noticed that the EX's have six speakers where mine only has Four. Does anyone know if the wiring is all there to hook up a pair of tweeters to the front door location? I want to put them in the stock location.

My second question is about the automatic dimming rearview mirror. Is the electrical harness in place above the headliner? Is is simply a matter of mounting it and plug it in?

I am interested in doing some other things to it but this is where i am starting. If anyone has some information that will help I would appreciate it.

Thanks
New accord owner.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
The wiring for both is not there. The tweeters most buy aftermarket tweeters because the stock ones are pretty bad and they install them in the stock tweeter pods that they buy on line.

There are install threads on both projects. I just dont have the time to search for them right now for ya.

Welcom to the forum, congrats on the new car.

Jay :wave:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jay,

Thanks for the reply. Thats what I was afraid of. I will buy the aftermarket tweeters but I am not sure the radio will accept them? Any help you can offer would be great.

Thanks
Tom

·
4,339 Posts

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
Once I get some free time (swamped this week with Thanksgiving and family) I am going to see at what point the mids in our doors start rolling off. This will help anyone who wants to keep the factory speakers in the door and add tweeters the best place to place the crossover from the mid to the tweeter (it's as easy as adding a cheap capacitor to the line going to the tweeter (as close to the tweeter as you can get it))

·
Registered
103 Posts
I dont know about the newer accord but my older DX accords had the wires tucked away in the space where the EX models would have the speakers. So open a panel and look for them.

·
13 Accord Sport, NYC Repn
98 Posts
Jay,

Thanks for the reply. Thats what I was afraid of. I will buy the aftermarket tweeters but I am not sure the radio will accept them? Any help you can offer would be great.

Thanks
Tom
The radio will except them, no prob.

·
Fail Zero bcg
536 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new ride. Now if you are already complaining about the lack of sound in the sport it will take a little bit more than 2 tweeters to get real good sound from it . The tweeter pods from the EX and above just snap in and is super easy to install . I am already on my second set of speakers and I might change them again just to see if I can improve on what I have or not. This can be a fun hobby if you do the install you self .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you to everyone that replied. I'm not complaining at all I just want to make it better. I love the car but if i can add the extras and not have to pay the over priced dealer costs then thata a good thing.

2013 Champagne Frost sport....

Jay Thanks for the link to the thread. it looks like samurai wanted to do the same thing I was thinking. I did not see where he got his question answered about the crossovers or if it was controled directly from the head unit. Do you know if there is a wiring diagram available out there?

·
4,339 Posts
Jay Thanks for the link to the thread. it looks like samurai wanted to do the same thing I was thinking. I did not see where he got his question answered about the crossovers or if it was controled directly from the head unit. Do you know if there is a wiring diagram available out there?
Most aftermarket tweeters that are sold separarely will come with a crossover built in. If you select a set that has the crossover built in all you have to do is tap into the (+) & (-) at the back of the 6.5" full range driver in the door. That being said individual tweeters can be $$$ when compared to a component set that would come with a crossover, 6.5" driver and a tweeter. So, you may want to look at that option, too.

If this is your first time doing this try crutchfield.com. One of their advisors can help you select the right ones, and give you all the docs you need to get it done. You will just have to buy the Honda Tweeter pods.

Jay

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm on it. The recomended Rockford Fosgate Prime as a good upgrade. Anyone have comments on this?

·
4,339 Posts
I'm on it. The recomended Rockford Fosgate Prime as a good upgrade. Anyone have comments on this?
Back in the 90s when I was into car stereo more RF was a pretty good brand. Looking at the specs the sensitivity is good at 92db. That means they will be more efficient with the stock amp, you wont lose volume. The only thing that kinda catches me is the Frequency Response stoping at 60hz, but if you are happy with the stock bass response then you should be happy.

The cool thing about crutchfield is the 30-day satisfaction guarantee. Dont like em, send em back.

Jay

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Front speaker swap

Okay I have the new Rockfords Primes in and they sound fine. The mids have two different prongs on the back one set is hooked to the factory wiring and the other set of prongs is for connecting the tweeters. The tweeter come with the crossovers attached already. Now i am researching the ANC problem with my new kicker sub........:dunno:

·
Cruisin Iowa...
149 Posts
Thank you to everyone that replied. I'm not complaining at all I just want to make it better. I love the car but if i can add the extras and not have to pay the over priced dealer costs then thata a good thing.

2013 Champagne Frost sport....
That is the same color Sport I have. Does yours have black interior ? You will like that color, looks great all cleaned up ! Congrats

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2013 champagne frost sport with touring sound

Thirteen AkA the dude....LOL love the movie. Yeah it looks great whenit clean but the salt they are putting on the road lately is killer.

Anyway I figured the ANC out for anyone who wants to know. Running 10" kicker, Alpine mono amp, Rockford 6.5 seperates in the front door. I bought the tweeter pods mounted them in the stock location. Mounted sub in the rear deck and bought a speaker grille from a 2012 accord in black cut the holes secure with flush nuts and reinstalled. Looks factory and sounds great.:banana::D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Do you mind posting some pics of the process/finished product?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts